A favorite garden cart?

jujustad(7B-8A)March 29, 2011

Do any of you have a garden cart that you really like? I would like to find one that I can roll up to bags of soil etc and flop 'em in instead of having to lift them high enough to get into my wheelbarrow. I hope to extend my gardening years by trying to be good to my back...in truth, that horse is already out of the barn, but it can't hurt to try and slow the downward spiral :)I have a small, level lot and a bunch of deck and containers. Maybe tarps would be the thing to do?

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dottyinduncan(z8b coastal BC)

If you have a small lot, I think your idea of a small tarp would be best. They can be folded and put away and as you say, you don't have to lift. And, they're cheap. Alternately, check the Lee Valley catalogue -- I think they have a cart that is low-slung especially for us seniors.

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 11:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jujustad(7B-8A)

Hi Dotty,
The more I looked at carts online the more I came to the same conclusion about the tarp. I'm also able to make my own super heavy duty one because I had an upholstery biz at one time and still have the heavy machines. Maybe I can have a little garden tarp biz on the side if I come up with something
good? :) Thanks and Happy Spring

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 12:12PM
More Discussions
What seeds r u planting now this early warm spring?
My arugula is up fine but carrots havent germinated...
maroqw
Raised Beds/seed starts
We have 2 raised beds we put in last year in our front...
FireMidget
Is it time to prune?
With the warm winter we are having, everything seems...
duncandotty
Anyone "wintersowing" tomatoes in the PNW?
I wintersow/spring sow everything else and have for...
nonconformist_nymphette
Re:Anyone growing citrus in PNW
Hi everyone, I have an indoor tangerine plant for 4-5...
sweetflowers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™