HELP!!! Nighshades needed.

NadejRIMay 24, 2013

Hello folks! I wonder if anybody can help me out here. This year our nightshade transplants took a huge hit from the indoor thrips and just withered away. We ended up composting 95% of seedlings, which is pretty heartbreaking. It is the transplanting season and IâÂÂve got hardly any transplants. The reason I am writing here and not buying stuff from the farmersâ markets is because we typically grow certain things and I havenâÂÂt seen them at the most recent plant sales. So if you have excess of interesting nightshades and you live in Rhode Island, Southern Mass or parts of CT that are somewhat close to RI, I will be ecstatic to take them off your hands for $. HereâÂÂs what IâÂÂm looking for:
1. Healthy, green thriving plants, preferably at the stage when they are getting large so fast that they are begging to be put into the ground.
2. Varieties that do well in New England.
3. Preferably hardened off plants.
With Tomatoes, only our black tomatoes died, so if you have any black toms (Black Sea, Black Krim, Black Prince, Purple Calabash etc.) we definitely need those.
Eggplants: light thin skinned ones are great (Round Mauve, Prosperosa, Fairy Tale or whatevs)
Peppers: Big Bertha, Sweet Planet, Rainbow etc.
Whatever interesting/tasty stuff you have that you know for a fact does well in our New England weather, tried and true, I am interested and would be so happy to take them off your hands. Looking for about 15 toms, 15 peppers and 30 eggplants.
Thanks!
My contact: siddhartha0782 at yahoo

This post was edited by NadejRI on Fri, May 24, 13 at 14:45

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pixie_lou

I hope you were able to get the plants you needed.

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
Flora at THBG
I think this exhibition of flowers and flower arrangements...
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b
Did anyone attend NEGROWS ?
With the 3 feet of snow, and of coarse the Super Bowl...
ron48
Bristol County Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale
Now is the time the Massachusetts County Conservation...
edlincoln
How do I add a zone to my user name?
I've been trying to edit my profile in "Your Houzz"...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Something to brighten up this horrible winter
I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe...
bill_ri_z6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™