Land of the Giants streaker order :)

Kate1970(7a)August 14, 2014

Jeff Miller was a really great sport. I placed this order while I have been at home recovering from a concussion which has caused some short term memory issues along with other things. Needless to say he never once missed a beat or complained when I emailed him that I somehow ordered hosta Nancy Minks, when I really wanted Brave Attempt. Or when I told him 3 times I wanted Allan P. McConnell when I really wanted Allen C Haskell.

I more than likely would have lost patience with me if I were in his shoes. Not only was he super nice and accommodating, he even sent me a 'Dorothy Benedict' as a get well gift! Wow! Dorothy Benedict is the reason I got into hostas! I saw a picture of a fully grown DB and the rest is history.

I have read about Jeff Millers generosity with others on several occasions. I was fortunate enough to experience it first hand today. :)

Getting ready for a soak.

Sir Richard

Dorothy Benedict

Brave Attempt was already taped up.

Allen C. Haskell was also taped up before I remembered to get a photo.

And last but not least. Sea Prize, this might be my favorite one yet.

Another shot of Sea Prize temporarily propped up against some hellebores.

Any experience, photos, growing/light suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get in the dirt tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mac48025

First off, best of wishes to you and here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Secondly, I too have had great experiences with Jeff and love his great service and hosta's. You have a great selection there and now I'll have to add on to my land of the giants order next week ! Sir Richard is the only one I have from your order so I don't have any real advice for you. Good luck with your new additions and enjoy that beautiful gift from Jeff! I'm ordering Dorothy Benedict next week after seeing yours. Thanks go sharing.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:19PM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

Jeff Miller was a really great sport.

==>> i see what you did there. ... lol ...

sure he isnt a reversion???

ken

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:26PM
Kate1970(7a)

==>> i see what you did there. ... lol ...

sure he isnt a reversion???

'Splain Lucy, not sure what you mean. Type slowly please lol.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:30PM
Kate1970(7a)

Mac thanks so much for the well wishes. I don't think you will be disappointed with DB. Here's hoping I can find a spot where she flourishes!

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:36PM
mac48025

I added sea prize to my order also. I thank you......even if my pocket book doesn't!

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 7:00PM
Kate1970(7a)

Mac I don't believe you will be disappointed! This is so exciting, I like being an enabler! Usually I am the one drooling at everyone else's photo's while reaching for my debit card. :P

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 7:09PM
mac48025

I can resist anything............except temptation. And you just had to tempt me with your hosta's! It's all good though. If I can pry Gunthers Prize and Blizzard from Jeff I'll really be happy.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 7:23PM
hippieindenial

Nice haul! It's always fun getting the box in the mail and going through the new goodies :)
Vanessa

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 7:47PM
Kate1970(7a)

Oh man I'll look forward to those pictures Mac, I have eyed both Blizzard and Gunthers Prize several times. I need more property/shade!

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Here we go again !
I seem to recall that about this time last year I posted...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
i will miss the freak
phil the hostafreak passed on 12/4 ... an aneurysm...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™