Starving student needs plants!

thesecretofjoyApril 6, 2009

Hi folks! I've been away from gardenweb for over a year since I sold my house. I recently moved into a rental house near greenlake and my yard needs plants!

I didn't make it to the green elephant plant swap so I thought I'd see if anyone has any cuttings or divisions to share. I'm happy to come dig or do some weeding for you in exchange for any plant goodies :-)

I'm starting a small veggie garden too!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karchita(WA Z8)

Email me. I probably won't get around to donating to plant sales like I usually do and have lots of extras.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 1:58AM
fairweather(8 WA)

Go to the WSU Extension Plant Sale in Everett the first week of May. You can get LOADS of perennials and even some shrubs or grasses for cheap with the lowest prices starting around a dollar. It would be worth your while to drive up North for it.

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 4:20AM
hadleyweed(z8WA)

Hi,
I'm finally getting around to replying to your message, which I saw a couple of weeks ago. I took inventory of things I might have to share, and these include shasta daisies, a couple of lady's mantle, some starts of yellow pincushion flowers, some foxgloves, some stachys hummelo and a plant I don't know the name of, which is like a medium sized daisy with chrysanthemum foliage that blooms in late spring. I also have some large and smaller plants of french sorrel for your veggie garden if you are interested. I'm posting these on craigslist as well. Sorrel is a perennial green that is lemony tasting. It is good added to salads, eggs and in soup like spinach. Let me know if you are still interested.

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
what to do here?
Thinking of planting native shrubs, salal, redtwig...
zephyrgal
Anyone "wintersowing" tomatoes in the PNW?
I wintersow/spring sow everything else and have for...
Kristin
Good Cover Crop... Now What?
We have had a mild winter here in the PNW and the cover...
lonmower
richard walden grape
Does any one know of a source for Richard Walden grape...
robert_2007
Garrya elliptica won't flower
I am in zone 8 and have had a Garrya elliptica growing...
julieotoole
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™