Further to irawon's "Calling All Frogs" (rabbits?)

hostanistaAugust 10, 2014

I'm going to guess a lot of people have rabbit issues in their gardens. I only see the occasional nibble on a hosta leaf which is odd because I live in a rural area - you would think we would be overrun with them. And I never see them either. Went into town yesterday, busy suburban neighbourhood, and right there on the lawn next door, a huge Bugs Bunny.

Anyway, this is my rabbit chair. No reason. Just a chair for rabbits in my garden. The good kind.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bragu_DSM 5

mighty nice 'hare chair'

dave

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 1:25AM
irawon(5a Ottawa)

Hostanista,

Cute garden visitors, nicely nestled and comfortable on that chair. One of the things I find difficult is making garden art look natural and not contrived. You've achieved that.

We have bunnies galore here. And talking about rabbits...Way back in the early '80s, I was feeding our new baby, sitting in a rocking chair near the window at about 4 AM, when I happened to glance out the window ... saw a rabbit doing sommersaults...no word of a lie. I haven't seen anything like that since.

Except today, from inside, I saw a squirrel, on the ground, near our back deck, taking off with something close to his chest about the size of a small child's football. I couldn't figure out what it was because he had his forearms tightly wrapped around it. He was having a hard time, so he stopped to chew it. That's when I realized he was carrying the heavy cone of bird seed (about half his size), my DH put up yesterday to treat the birds. By the time I got the camera, he was gone. By the time I got outside, the cone was gone too. Boy, was that funny.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 3:50PM
hostanista

Funny! That squirrel just won the lottery! Too bad you didn't get a picture. Put another cone out - he'll be back, and he'll be bringing his friends!

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™