Honeybells Blooms (no pic, sorry)

Cricket_Love(4b)August 6, 2012

I've never really paid any attention to the blooms on my hosta because I grow them for their foliage. However, this year, I've decided to check out the blooms on them do to this forum and info. My Honeybells has HUGE fragrant solid white blooms on them! They are gorgeous!!! How did I miss these?

Cricket!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

i dont know..

honey .... should have been your first clue ... lol...

herb benedict did a lot of fragrant hosta.. and used.. honey.. sweet.. to indicate aroma .... and a multitude of girlie names.. like susan .. winifred... etc ... e.g. sweet winifred.. sweet susan ...

ken

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 7:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leaflover76(5b)

I know what you mean. I only discovered last year that if you don't cut the flower off immediately (which was my method cuz I despised the flower) YOU GET SEEDS! This year I'm leaving the flower scapes until I find out which ones produce seeds. Then I'm gonna harvest them this fall and try my hand at growing them over the winter. Plus the fragrant ones, I cut off and put them in a vase on my kitchen table. Plantaginea, so sweet and honneybells is my combination and it makes the house smell wonderful.

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 8:07AM
More Discussions
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Here we go again !
I seem to recall that about this time last year I posted...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Here's how to enter your zone on Houzz
I noticed that my zone didn't show up since the move...
santamiller
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™