Looking for recomendation

briergardener_gwMay 4, 2014

Does anybody know not very expensive landscape company in Seattle area to do small water and rock features in my backyard?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Coming from someone in the industry, a "not very expensive" landscape company is generally not a great choice :-) Inexpensive fly-by-night outfits abound but they are often a) not licensed or bonded, b) don't know exactly what they are doing (anyone can call themselves a "landscaper") or c) do sloppy, possibly dangerous work and have no follow-through or even pick up after themselves.

As a designer, I work with landscape contractors all the time and it really is a case of you get what you pay for.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 2:11PM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Yep. If you are having features installed on your property, you want a contractor. Running a legitimate contractorship costs money, you pay for that when you hire one.

I know one that has been in operation for 25 years that would make something for you that was tasteful and convincing (naturalistic), but will want to be paid for it.

And is booked until July.

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 1:12PM
mikebotann(8a SE of Seattle)

I completely agree with the above.
It pays to check out what the contractor has done before. Look at his work and talk to former customers. It will be well worth your time. Nothing worse than a water feature done bad. Even some of the pros do an amateur job, usually in the rock work.
Shop around, get estimates, and check out references.
An educated buyer is a smart buyer.
Mike

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
evergreens for by gate
I have a couple of Columnar Dwarf Siberian Dogwood...
hallerlake
Growing Loquats in the PNW
I am posting this forum as I have not found a thread...
chitti
Is it time to prune?
With the warm winter we are having, everything seems...
duncandotty
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap (Portland area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
Camelia question.
We have a camelia ten years old - looked great in the...
dwightgibb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™