5th Annual billerica Plant Swap, All Areas Welcome, Final Details
This is the new post to firm up all the details for the Swap.
Everyone is welcome, with or without any plants, seedlings, divisions to bring.
Don't be shy because you are new to gardening. I promise there will be plenty of seedlings and divisions just for the taking.
I will have plenty of wintersown seedlings and some divisions that will be just for the taking and I'm sure that others will as well.
All of these plants, divisions and seedlings need a home, so please come and enjoy the experience and take home new "babies" for your gardens.
This is a very informal swap. Those that want to post what they may or are bringing are more than welcome to.
And, don't be afraid to list your wants as well or say that you would like particular plants, seedlings that are being brought.
Those that want to ask if there is interest in any plants before they dig them up and divide them are more that welcome to do so. Better to ask if anyone is interested in them or wants them before spending the time digging them up. potting them and bringing them to the swap and then having to bring them home again.
Oh, yes, if you have any gardening books, magazines, pots you don't want, left over seeds, garden supplies of any kind that you want to bring to give away, don't be afraid to bring them. I'm sure someone will want them.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SMETHING TO TAKE YOUR PLANTS AND SEEDLINGS HOME IN; BOXES, BOX COVERS TRAYS. I DON'T HAVE ANY THAT I CAN GIVE AWAY AT THE SWAP. I NEED ALL OF MINE.
DATE: Saturday June 5, 2010
TIME: 10AM until everyone wants to leave
RAIN DATE: Sunday June 6, 2010
RAIN DATE TIME: 10AM until everyone wants to leave
LOCATION: Billerica MA. I will e-mail address and directions the week of the swap to all who are planning to attend.
The only thing I can't promise is good weather. I hope we will not have to worry about rain, but, as I said above, I do have a carport we can be under if we have to deal with a bit of mist or a chance of showers.
So let's keep our fingers crossed that we don't have to deal will heavy rain and need the rain date.
Besides seedlings and some divisions and small plants I have the following to use.
1. Huge table to put various non plant items on
2. several coolers to keep ice and cold drinks in
3. at least 6-8 chairs, but anyone that wants to bring some folding chairs is welcome to do so.
4. name tags, I should have enough, but will holler out if I find we need more
5. a huge table cover for the table I have
6. a carport to sit under and keep the sun off of us
7. a huge yard and plenty of space to move and put out the plants and seedlings.
8. plenty of parking for everyone.
9. I will provide coffee and the fixins and cups for the coffee
Which now brings me to the volunteer part of the swap. Especially for those that feel "strange" coming because they don't have anything to bring.
So that we can really have a good time and enjoy the swap, anyone that can bring the following items, it will be much appreciated by all of us.
1. ice, to keep drinks cold
4. plastic knives, forks spoons
5. any kind of "goodies" that you would like to bring. cookies, pastry, fruit, etc. Denise is bringing a coffee cake
6. cold drinks
7. plant tags in case someone forgot to label their plants
8. hot/cold cups
- sharpie pen to label plants that may need to be labeled.
If I missed something on the list or you have a question just holler.
EVERYONE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO EMAIL ME FOR DIRECTIONS AND PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR GW NAME IN THE MESSAGE SO I WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU CAN EMAIL ME THROUGH MY MEMBER PAGE ON GW.