Hey, Jay....

scottokla(7)January 31, 2013

We have had another 900 lbs of pecans shelled out, so I have a lot of halves that can be retailed. The bad news is that I likely will NOT be coming through Guymon until March (I thought it would be next Wednesday).

If you haven't found some yet and want a large quantity, I can bring some if my trip ends up happening in the next month. I am guessing the price would be around $5 for pieces and $6 for halves.

It looks like we will end up being able to get 0.50 to 0.60 per inshell lb. wholesale, with a chance of more depending on how the market goes. This year's crop would have brought us $50,000 last year and this year we will get less than $15,000.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elkwc(6b)

Scott I have been battling a severe bacterial infection and haven't been on the site much lately. That will be fine if you head this way. I will arrange to meet you somewhere. If you have some smaller culls, ect (I'm not sure in pecans if you do) I would be interested in some of them in the shell. At the in shell prices you are talking I would give my squirrels a little treat. Will wait to hear from you. Jay

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 3:33AM
scottokla(7)

It looks like it will be a last-minute decision. If I decide to make the trip I will likely be in Guymon Thurs evening or Fri early. I have a large quantity of in-shell ones that are too small to sell at regular prices. If I can get them back from where they are being stored I can get them to you for $.30 or $.35 per lb.

I'll let you know when we make a decision on the trip

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:12PM
elkwc(6b)

Scott that sounds fine just send me a message. Thanks Jay

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
Lisa, did you see: Work starts to protect monarch butterflies
Their bright orange and black wings are a familiar...
OklaMoni
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Growing cilantro in the summer
I started some cilantro from seed so I can have it...
Cynthiann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™