Need good window box source

deanna_in_nh(5a/4b)June 15, 2011

Our wooden window boxes we assume are about 10 years old as they came with the house. A couple are rotted too badly now so we need to replace them. I'm not finding a good selection at the places I've been around me. We want boxes that will be painted, not a cedar or similar wood that is meant to weather naturally.

If anybody has a good window box source let me know. I live in central NH, travel to the northern NH/southern Maine seacoast area, and we are in Nashua every other week on Sunday. Any of those areas would be great. Also, if you have a great mail-order source you could recommend please pass that along as well!

P.S. No building of boxes here, other than basic assembly. I just made my own raised beds from "scratch", but DH is allergic to hammers and I'm not going to take on a full box-building project, though I will assemble pre-cut pieces from a kit. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny12

Walpole Woodworkers makes a good quality painted window box. I have two. I do find the planting area a bit narrow but they have worked well for me nonetheless.

I lined them with heavy-duty black trash bags--invisible when planted--and poked holes in the bottom of the bags. There are drainage holes in the boxes.

They have several locations in New England and you can probably see them on their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walpole Woodworkers

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
Something to brighten up this horrible winter
I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe...
bill_ri_z6b
What Trees in Your Yard Look Prettiest Now?
We tend to fixate on Spring blooms. What trees in your...
edlincoln
Did anyone attend NEGROWS ?
With the 3 feet of snow, and of coarse the Super Bowl...
ron48
2015 Seeds & Plants on Sale, Locally? Online Catalog Sales?
I am starting a new sale thread for 2015 so it will...
NHBabs
Winter weather in the kitchen - 2015 edition
This is the official thread to talk about (complain?)...
pixie_lou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™