Hostas are here! - Bridal Falls !!

jarih(4 in Finland)September 14, 2012

What a day, it was worth waiting. You have Hallson we have Jan van den Top and his Hostaworld. I took some photos, not very good but hostas are. Look at these massive root systems.

The hostas are from left down:

Change of Tradition

Purple Haze

Clear Fork River Valley

in white pot Bridal Falls

The Queen

Journey's End

in milk boxes Popo and Enduring Beacon

Potomac Glory

It is quite often here that I must order hostas according to pictures or sometimes there is only one picture available.I have had disappointings and nice surprices. This Garden Web is now my major source to get information I want. Journey's End is one of these I was convinced by you folks here. Bridal Falls in one I could found only one picture. I took a change. Now I have it and I am very pleased, happy, enthusiastic... If this will be as good grower as Niagara Falls and War Paint - this willl be TOP 5 in my garden.

Here it is.

There was room for this beauty.

Have a nice weekend and fall!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swed_hosta(6a)

WOW! Great looking plants, typical for Jan's hostas.

Bridal Falls is on order that I'm placing today to Jan. Among your new beauties you have Popo - another hosta that is on the same order. And Journey's End I bought last year also because of this forum, very nice fast growing plant. Wish you a mild autumn to let your new acquisitions to establish well before winter.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 1:14PM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

Great haul, Jarih. Bridal Falls (sport of Niagra Falls) is just stunning. Keep us apprised of its progress.

Steve

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 1:45PM
dgregory_so.cntrl.IL_zone6a

Your Bridal Falls is a stunner! You've received some very nice hosta in that order... and holy cow... the roots!!
;-)
Deb

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 2:09PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Oh dear, my latest arrivals included Niagara Falls, and now I see that Bridal Falls is a contender for.....this fall or next year?........hmmmmm. Well, on the list.

I have several of the ones you show, and it amazes me that hosta are growing from the Aurora Borealis near the Arctic Circle to the top of the Horse Latitudes here in South Alabama US of A. Wonderful looking roots on your new babies too.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 3:30PM
uk-hostaman

great hostas...as always from jan

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 4:57PM
gardenfanatic(MO zone5b)

WOW - nice hostas with some great roots! And you have some nice black dirt there too! :-)

Deanna

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 7:16PM
gardenfanatic(MO zone5b)

Bridal Falls isn't in the Hosta Library. Maybe you should send in your picture. I had never heard of it - is it one that's only available on your side of the world?

Deanna

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 7:19PM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

Deanna,

It's new. I suspect it will be out here in TC next year. A wide white margined version of Niagra Falls. Pretty cool, Hosta. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Steve

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 8:03PM
donrawson(Z 5)

Bridal Falls hit the market earlier this year. It's available from Plant Delights for $24. Here is a link which may be helpful: Bridal Falls and Lightning Ridge

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 8:49PM
gardenfanatic(MO zone5b)

Sounds like another one for my wish list. It's a beauty!

Deanna

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:59PM
hostahillbilly(4)

jarih,

Thank you for posting Hosta 'Bridal Falls'.

I could not find it on Hosta Library nor in Zilis Hostapedia. I finally found it using internet search and see it is a Jan van den Top introduction and a 'Niagara Falls' sport.

It looks interesting! Perhaps someone has a picture of a larger one to post on Hosta Library?

Again, thank you !

hh

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 2:00AM
More Discussions
donrawson
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™