how many rainy weekends have we had?

mrtulinJune 12, 2010

I've lost track. It seems like a lot.

idabean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spedigrees z4VT

It's been two solid weeks of rain here since our last all sunny day. We've only managed to mow the lawns during short breaks in the rain clouds and were lucky not to get caught in a downpour. I think this will be another icky rainy summer like the last two summers.

The only bright side is not having to haul a watering can around to the gardens.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 2:44PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

We've been trying to stain the fence and waiting for the wood to dry out. When it finally did, I couldn't find the palm sander and now that I have that, it's raining again...lol.

Hasn't been too much rain here yet. Cloudy weather but we've had some breaks with sunny parts of the day for the most part, except the last couple of days. Wasn't it a gorgeous weekend last weekend? And Memorial Day weekend, I thought we took a day trip and the sky was clear and the weather was gorgeous.

I'm always happy not to have to water but you really have to have enough of both, sun and rain.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 5:40PM
sue36(Z5 Maine)

Two in a row here, the last decent weekend day was Memorial Day. Not only am I not getting anything done, I create more work for myself because I go to garden centers and buy more plants. My back patio, porch and driveway look like I am about to have a sale.

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 10:45AM
deanna_in_nh(5a/4b)

Our rain was pretty scarce here until recently. All those earlier rain storms missed us. Most of them went south of us, just like the snow this winter went south. Then when there were nice showers around us I'd wait for the rain which never came, so I'd check the radar and there was a nice big hole right on top of us as everybody else was getting good rain. Our grass was burned and brown and is just now turning green, but there's still some nice brown in there. I'd say we've had a dry spring with lots of sunshine.

Perhaps it's payback because you STOLE ALL OF OUR SNOW!!! I still don't see why you couldn't have shared a little of it. Maybe next winter you'll let us keep our snow and we'll let you have some sunshine? Deal?

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 7:39AM
fgirl21(z6 - MA)

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't look now but I think there is supposed to be sun this weekend!

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 9:11AM
More Discussions
How do I add a zone to my user name?
I've been trying to edit my profile in "Your Houzz"...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #3
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Spray-N-Grow Product any good?
Anyone use or success/failures with the Spry-N-Grow...
NorthHadley
How are you guys holding up in this "Snowpocalypse"??
Hi guys, haven't been posting much, but still lurk...
terrene_ma
Winter weather in the kitchen - 2015 edition
This is the official thread to talk about (complain?)...
pixie_lou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™