Mesonet - Climate Facts By County

ScottOkiemanFebruary 2, 2013

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the forum. But I do check in regularly, reading and learning. A big thank you to everyone who contributes.

In an earlier post there was some discussion concerning planting dates for different parts of the state of Oklahoma. As mentioned in that discussion, the OSU Extension Garden Guide is an excellent resource for this information. It gives a date range for planting for each type of vegetable, with the earliest date applicable to southeastern Oklahoma and the latest to northwestern Oklahoma. As an additional resource to novice gardeners I would like to also recommend visiting the Oklahoma Mesonet website and downloading the County Climate Summary for the county where you live. This, combined with the OSU Garden Guide will give you the information you need to make an informed decision concerning when to plant. Do realize though if you live in a hilly area of the state, differences in elevation can also have an effect on the local temperature. If you live in a valley you very well may have lower temps in the spring and fall than your neighbors living on top of the hills. So take in consideration your micro-climate as well as your county climate. See below for the link to the County Climate Summaries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mesonet County Climate Summaries

More Discussions
Which Inoculant for Which Legume?
No questions. Yay! Great little pamphlet, here. It...
chickencoupe
pine shavings yes or no
I have access to alot of pine shavings/bedding from...
luvncannin
Tomatoes in Oklahoma: Part II, Soil Prep/Planting
WHAT TOMATOES NEED: Tomatoes grow best in loose, sandy...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Flowers: Peony
Dear friends; The peony is for my 4 yo and I'm terrified...
chickencoupe
Former Oklahoma Forum member in the news
We miss Diane and Steve, but can get an update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCFqjxpuPY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g...
soonergrandmom
Sponsored Products
All-natural Teak Lutyens Outdoor Bench
Grandin Road
Cashmere Bath Robe
$249.00 | FRONTGATE
Copper Brick One-Light 17-Inch Tall Outdoor Wall Sconce with Lizard Center Cut D
$304.20 | Bellacor
Arillus All Mesh Office Chair in Black
$159.00 | LexMod
Waffle Bath Towel - WHITE (BATH TOWEL 28X65)
$66.00 | Horchow
Lift Mid Back Office Chair in Black
$599.00 | LexMod
Luma EC220W Comfort High Power Evaporative Cooler
Overstock.com
Indoor Fan and Light Kit: Westinghouse Contempra Trio 42 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze C
$69.67 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™