Rainbow Mixed Bell peppers

slowpoke_gardenerFebruary 9, 2013

I ordered an order from Amazon which came to a little under $25.00 (free shipping). To boost the order over $25.00 I had them to through in a package of Ferry-Morse Rainbow pepper seed. The seed came in a pack mixed together. I am not going to waste my time planting these seed, if anyone wants them, send my your address and I will send them to you, other wise they are going into the bird feeder or the compost.

Larry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonergrandmom

And why would you not plant those Larry? I planted them one year and it's a nice selection of bell peppers.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 7:25PM
slowpoke_gardener

If the seeds were color coded I would plant them, or at least 1 or 2 of each color. With my luck i would end up with a doz. of one color. I dont want to waste that much garden space. I would like to play with pimento peppers this year.

Larry

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 7:40PM
soonergrandmom

Waste space....with peppers? HaHa, you know me, that could be half of my garden. I was in Arkansas today and bought 3 kinds of fresh hot peppers at the Mexican Market. In fact, I haven't put my groceries away yet and my kitchen rather looks like a Mexican restaurant with habs, jalapeno, pablano, jicama, corn tortillas, flour tortillas, and a new tortilla press for times when I make my own. There's more, but you get the idea.

Larry, if you haven't bought your pimento peppers yet I could send you a few seeds. You probably would never use a whole pack if you had them. I don't think there are many in my pack but I would be happy to split it with you. I think I have red and a tangerine. I don't think I'll be planting either one of them this year. I have already selected what I am going to plant and will probably even have to scale that back some.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:16PM
ponderpaul(7a)

A ripe pimento, a little onion & garlic lightly sauteed in olive oil, mix it with a container of cream cheese spread it on some toasted garlic bread ---- HEY! you cannot buy stuff that good in a store!

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:38PM
slowpoke_gardener

Carol, I would love to have a few pimento seeds. It you would like I will send you this Rainbow pack. I really dont want to mess with planing them.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 9:18PM
soonergrandmom

Larry, I don't need the pepper pack, but I'll get you some seeds in the mail on Monday. Anything else you need while I'm digging in the seeds? Carol

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 9:45PM
slowpoke_gardener

Carol, thank you. I cant think of anything else I need.

I hope to plant some cole crop seeds today and maybe mulch the onions I planted too early. I also plan on get a couple of soil samples to be tested. We can have two free soil test a year, so I plan on getting the samples and let them be drying before the next rain starts.

I have to watch my P. K. and Zn. because they want to run too high. I did not test last year, but 2010 to 2011 the numbers dropped about 30% by reducing the amount of shredded oak leaves I was tilling into the soil, plus the cover crop may have pulled the numbers down some.

Larry

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Which Inoculant for Which Legume?
No questions. Yay! Great little pamphlet, here. It...
chickencoupe
tornados
I am so freakin sick of tornados!
Amanda Odom
First post
This is my first try at posting. Did it work
stockergal
Any reason not to go ahead and plant now?
I'm seeing nothing even close to below 40 for the next...
dulahey
Seeds
Okay. So, I was overly optimistic when I purchased...
hazelinok
Sponsored Products
Max Bill LED Pendant by Santa & Cole
$830.00 | Lumens
Breville The Second Bowl
$49.95 | FRONTGATE
Chelsea Home Union Loveseat - Pinnacle Gray - 183202-5775
$779.99 | Hayneedle
EZ Hold Electronic Salt or Pepper Mill - PM003S
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Multicolored Console Table
| Dot & Bo