thinking of transplanting a hydrangea this weekend
I got very behind on a lot of stuff I wanted to do back in April and May because I was waiting for a contractor to install a patio with pavers.
But the guy never got started and as time passed and as things turned out, I decided against spending the money on the patio and canceled the project. (more on this later)
So now I want to move a hydrangea (and do other things even though it's getting late, might have to wait till fall) The hydrangea is in too much shade as far as I can tell. It's tiny and last year stayed tiny and got like 3 blooms on it. If I had to bet money I'd say it has been in that location for over 5 years. And there was a dead one that never grew or bloomed at all not far from in when we moved in a year and a half ago.
It seems that a lot of yards I pass around here have huge, already covered in blooms hydrangeas in full sun. So I want to move it on Saturday. I can be diligent about watering. And I guess I'm willing to risk it dying.
But also, the guy who was going to do the patio is also the guy who installed the sprinkler system here like 30 years ago and has maintained it through the past 2 owners. His son does all the work now. Last year he opened and closed the sprinkler system. Since I canceled the patio I have not heard from him about the sprinkler. I wonder if I ticked him off??
But on the other hand, I was actually going to let the yard go dormant this year and possibly not use the sprinkler system at all. Or else I suppose him not showing could light a fire under us to figure it out ourselves.