Where in Massachusetts is there a good place to buy stone?

prairiemoon2 z6 MAJuly 23, 2007

Hi,

In Eastern Mass, does anyone know of a stone yard that has good prices and lots of selection?

Thanks

pm2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whitegarden(Z5 MA)

The Stoneyard in Littleton is fabulous. I just found them this spring. Their selection is tremendous.

Their web site is stoneyard.com

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 9:02AM
ginny12

I have never been there--on my list--but I do get their free online e-newsletter. Good info about building with stone in the landscape/garden.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 9:56AM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

Ginny and whitegarden. I did do a google search and that came up first...it has a nice website and it isn't that far from me. Glad someone knew a little about them.

Thanks!
:-)

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 10:43AM
mrtulin

I'd like to look at them, too. My husband has built 1 and 7/8 stone walls, the last 1/8 of the stones may need to be purchased.

There is also Precourt in Sudbury. It is the stone source for most people in its vicinity, and I don't know how Littleton would compare to it.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 12:40PM
WendyB(5A/MA)

I think the StoneYard in Littleton is a bit pricey! I've priced out some items there and kept walking. But great selection! Terrible hours as I recall. One time I wanted to stop in on a Saturday and they were closed!!! Not sure if that is still the case.

For Granite, Fletcher Granite in Westford is another possibility. I think they have non-granite too but I forget for sure.

There is a decent sized place in Groton near Pepperell -- Colonial Stoneyard. It is run by the brother of The Stoneyard in Littleton. THey used to both run Colonial and I think there may have been some kind of family falling out. I had Colonial build me a fieldstone stone wall many years ago before the split-up. We had some disagreement in the end about the finished product, but I forget the details. I don't know if the new Colonial is smaller than it was once the brothers split up. Its in an out of the way place.

I frequently see small stone places a lot here and there along secondary roads. Even Agway carries some selection of stone. There's such a small place along rte 27 in (West?) Acton that always looks interesting. And also on Rte 113 in Dunstable.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 1:13PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

idabean and wendy...thanks for giving me some other choices to look into. Nice to have choices. :-)

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 1:28PM
storey3(NH- Zone 5)

I'm not sure where you are but Landscapers Depot in Kingston, NH has lots of stone choices as does East Coast Lumber in Hampstead, NH. Both are about 20 minutes from the Haverhill, MA border.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 10:13PM
ginny12

And, so far, I have bought all my granite at Swenson's in Amherst NH. They have other locations too and have had good prices for a quality product.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 9:26AM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

storey and ginny...thanks for adding two more names to the list. Who knew there were so many places around?

:-)

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 1:20PM
lovemywisteria

try martignettis in Woburn, MA.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 3:22PM
More Discussions
The Great Backyard Bird Count Feb 13-16, 2015
The Great Backyard Bird Count Feb 13-16, 2015 About Claire...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Any Block Island gardeners here?
I've never seen any postings from anyone gardening...
bill_ri_z6b
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #2
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
when do your daffodils bloom?
When do your daffodils bloom? I can't wait for them...
daffodil33
Show Us Your Gardens - A Photo Thread -February 2015
Happy Snow Days New England Gardeners! Welcome to the...
pixie_lou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™