Garden Planning Software?

dstoneSeptember 9, 2013

Greetings. I'm in Dutchess County New York, and I've got three beds that I want to re-do. I know there are a lot of pictures here of people's gardens, but I don't see them organized by zone or type.

I'm curious whether there is a website where I can input my zip code, the dimensions of the plot, sun/water conditions and get recommendations for plants/design?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jel48(Z4 Michigan)

I've never seen a site like that, but it would certainly be fun to experiment with! Hopefully, someone will be able to suggest one!

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 9:35AM
dog_wood_2010(7)

Yes there is a site that can get you going in the right direction. They offer consultation as well. Follow this link; http://www.hicksnurseries.com/products/plants/

Click on the purple "Plant Finder" link on the right to help find plants that will grow well in your area. Also, look around the website for other helpful information. Good Luck.

Bookmark   December 6, 2013 at 6:45PM
marricgardens

Have you tried Better Homes and Gardens website? Look under Gardening and then Garden Plans. It shows the garden and what plants they use for that specific purpose. All you need to do is choose plants you want to incorporate.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
Blue Delphinium Reverting to White
I planted a 'Blue Butterfly' delphinium last year and...
Amanda33
overwintering potted trees & seedlings
I have a lot of small volunteer trees from bad spots...
thelonerider1
dieffenbachia flowering
Hello there. My dieffenbachia is about five years old...
Winnie12
Calling Idaho Gardeners! Help!
I'm working on a book which takes place in central...
HollyKline
Something killing my million bells!
They were flourishing and beautiful. Now there's some...
JJcanuck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™