USA source for northern grown hardy rose bushes

jel48(Z4 Michigan)September 19, 2013

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some names of some good reputable US retailers, hopefully online, where I can order some hardy northern grown rosebushes.

I ordered from one several years ago and the roses were great. I think they were either in Oregon or Washington State but I can NOT remember the name and I've searched and searched online. I'm sure I would recognize the name if I found it and I'm not finding it.

So... recommendations anyone?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC(Zone 4b-5 SE BC Canada)

Try helpmefind.com and search the rosé you want then click the buy from tab to see who sells it.

Pickering, Palatine and Hortico are northern nurseries that sell hardy roses although they are in Canada.

Sorry you didn't get help faster.

SCG

Bookmark   November 6, 2013 at 11:15AM
posieh(3)

Many sources have roses, My favorites are the Morden roses that come from The Morden Experiment Station in Morden, Manitoba, Canada. Beautiful roses and very hardy. Do insist on Morden's. Others claim to be hardy but they seldom survive here in zone 3 unless you do the Minnesota tip and that is work intensive!.

Bookmark   January 12, 2014 at 7:00PM
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

Try asking on one of the rose forums - there is an antique rose forum, an organic rose forum, and the main rose forum among others.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
do you know what plant this is?
I saw this in the woods. What is it please?
Barb.ADK8
Hansa Rose Shrub
I have just recently found this shrub, which is a Hansa...
Sweety2002
Shrub Recommendations/Photos for Zone 2-3
Having recently moved to an acreage in Grande Prairie...
Leandra7
delphiniums
Can someone tell me where the best place in Canada...
marricgardens
Rhubarb seed
I am looking for seed or plants of the ornamental Atrosanguinium/Atorpurporeum...
Garlicking
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™