Acquired Twilight in 2011. I kept it in a pot and did not repot it since 2011. It did pretty well the first year. Then in 2012 and in 2013 it had dessicated leaf edges most of the season. I must say it grew well (other than the dessicated leaves). I don't know how many eyes it had in 2011 when purchased, but in 2012 it had four and in 2013 it had twelve eyes. I decided that I needed to do something. I did a bit of research on GardenWeb to find that in fact, it was supposed to be an improved version of Fortunei Aureomarginata (which I have also). The overall consensus was that many of you actually preferred FA over Twilight. I attach a link.
I had a heck of a time dividing this hosta. What a mass of dense roots! No way I could separate any eyes. So I decided that I had to take a knife to it. I divided into four equal pieces. I think I will keep one and find new homes for the others next year. I think that I wasn't a good 'momma' because I didn't repot it earlier, and I think it was too crowded in that pot. Maybe I should have just potted up into a larger pot (not much room in the garden) instead of dividing. I took some pictures to show you how it all went. I also think this hosta doesn't like to be grown in a pot.
Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hosta/msg0704443018439.html