no more garden

evilurbangardenfairy(z4 MN)November 16, 2004

well, after 8 years of taking this yard from street to alley dead grass to street to alley perennial and veggies, we are giving it all up and moving to a loft.

I think I may go crazy not growing things in my own garden. But i have my parents and i guess i can join the gardeners at the park.

anyone want to buy a duplex in minneapolis with alot of plants? lol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
casper1(5/6- -10F Ont)

I don't know your particular situation, but if it were me, I'd rent out the duplex,and continue gardening, as long as the loft was close enough.

Bookmark   November 18, 2004 at 6:30PM
glen3a(Winnipeg MB 3A)

I can relate, in a way. I now live in a house with a small yard but prior to that, for many years, lived in an apartment. The apartment only had two windows, a bedroom one and a living room one, but fortunately both faced south so the light was excellent for growing houseplants. In fact, I used to start annuals in spring on my windowsill and then give them to my Mother to plant in her yard. My only outdoor gardening was in my parent's country yard.

Bookmark   November 19, 2004 at 3:29PM
evilurbangardenfairy(z4 MN)

i think i will try to get one of those small garden plots to grow some things. Im going to miss this garden.

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 4:20PM
sheryl_ontario(Muncho Lake, BC z2)

I moved into an apartment, after years of having a big garden and I don't miss it often, just every once in a while. I've added so many new things to my live that I don't have time to garden a lot. I do have a balcony with lots of big pots, though, and a nature trail for wildflowers.

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 5:38AM
More Discussions
Tree for Montana
I am interested in what kind of a ornamental tree would...
merrygardener
do you know what plant this is?
I saw this in the woods. What is it please?
Barb.ADK8
Something is eating my Basil
This was hapenning in my previous garden. I would bring...
magan
Upper Michigan Gardening
I am looking for help from anyone who lives in upper...
MTZone4
Rhubarb seed
I am looking for seed or plants of the ornamental Atrosanguinium/Atorpurporeum...
Garlicking
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™