Palace King equivalent

HarvestTime(7a)March 4, 2014

My favorite cuke is Palace King, but I have all my seeds this year except it and am not enjoyin the thought of paying Burpee shipping for one pack of seeds. I can't find it on any seed racks around here. Does anyone know a suitable equivalent? Thanks.

Michael

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BixbyM

I have grown one from Ferry-Morse called Mici Hybrid. Very similar to Palace King but maybe a little smoother surface. Usually easy to find on short notice. Part of their "Taste of Asia" collection if you don't mind hybrids.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:03PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I used a code FS60 at Burpee this morning after reading your recommendation. This free shipping code was supposed to expire March 3 but I used it and it worked on Palace King. The seeds are expensive about $5.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:25PM
HarvestTime(7a)

Hi Helen. Oh my gosh LOL! Well at least something good came out of my dilemma. After reading your reply, Burpee no longer had the free shipping offer.

Palace King is very tasty, and stays that way. Its by far my favorite, I'm not sure where it rates on the disease resistant scale but it's a must have for me. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 2:37PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I assume it is for fresh eating. Dawn has me buying those pickle mixes. A jar of pickles lasts me a long time, but I am going to try canning some this year. Do you know if Palace King makes good pickles? I am buying lots of cucumber seeds because I do love them. Diva is another I recently bought. I know I will be giving some away this summer if it rains and the bugs don't bite.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Are there any young people that garden?
I'm 63 and just wondered if there were any young people...
pistol
Ark. traveler tomato
Some one sent me a few seeds last yr. and I didn't...
sorie6
Where's everybody at
I guess everybody is out planting taters and onions. Got...
oldbusy1
Milkweed?
Does anyone have milkweed seeds they could share? I'd...
tracydr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™