Brrrrr!!

hosta_freak(z6 NC)October 3, 2011

Hope you all are doin' good this morning. It was 37 with lots of frost this morning. Parhelion is still hanging in,though. Phil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bernd ny zone5

The end of my hosta season might be this Thursday night, forecast is also 37, Wednesday night will be 39. Leaf colors are changing, falling more. Days are in the 60s now, so long pants and jackets are worn in the morning now.
Spring will be in 6 months, hosta showing up again in 7 months. Bernd

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 5:10PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Getting my slug killum stuff out on the potted hosta, and a little diatomaceous earth scattered around the base of the whole batch of pots. Gotta kill those pests before the hosta croak for the season. I hope when my stash of hosta wake up it will be spring in Mobile.

Right now it is only in the 40s at night, not much different in zone 5b and 8b...except for daytime highs.

Bookmark   October 4, 2011 at 8:29PM
Jon

How in the world did this post get kicked up? I thought I was losing it...again.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 3:00PM
plantbug

Just what we needed in this heat wave. I have 97 now and HOT.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 3:10PM
hosta_freak(z6 NC)

Ahhhh! Memories of days gone by! Looking forward to those days again after this year. Phil

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 4:10PM
bkay2000(8a TX)

Yeah, I was wondering about 40 degree nights in Mobile. It's so hot here, you can barely breathe outside. I have to walk the puppy daily, or she eats the sheetrock off the walls. Going around 1 block is a real chore for me in this heat. I shouldn't complain though, compared to last year, this year is a cakewalk.

bkay

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 4:39PM
almosthooked

I was wondering if this was in celsius temperatures to make us Canadians feel at home but finally looked on the date it was first posted. Wondered if you were around the south pole or where!

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 4:43PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Yep, I had a few startled moments when NY was having 37 degrees. Lot of difference in that and the current 71 I'm seeing at our house up in MA. Must have stormed there today. Hopefully not as deadly a storm as what hit CT and RI yesterday. Lot of folks in that region now have power outages...not even a FAN, no ICE, oh man that hurts to think about it.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 6:25PM
mctavish6

You guys just about gave me a heart attack. Here we are with good summer weather - 84 now at 7 pm. and I was trying to figure out how your season is ending when it seems mine is still getting going? I thought we might as well have been on different planets or something. October, 2011 - now I get it.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
Anyone wanna do Leaf shots? Hosta 'Dream Queen'
Who needs slo-poke 'Thunderbolt'? fwiw, hh
hostahillbilly
Pips in Sweden
I think the USA got our winter by mistake this year...
stoc zone 6 sweden
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
hostanista
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™