Favorites from Heirloom Roses

willamettemom(7)August 7, 2008

I'm going to the sale at Heirloom Roses tomorrow and would love to hear about some of your Heirloom favorites (any varieties) in pink, yellow, apricot/peach, and white.

Thanks in advance!

Teresa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

You'll have a great day - just look for those in the garden with great foliage (no spray) and you can't go wrong.

I haven't bought roses in several years but love their Chinatown for vigor and fragrance (yellow), Peach Blossom for fragrance and cool hips (peach) although the flowers are a little short lived on Peach Blossom - does repeat well though.

For a yellow shortie with a lot of cute factor, I've enjoyed Minilights for a very long time in my garden. You didn't mention red, but Eyeopener always draws comments and it's a toughie, almost no care - if the deer would just leave it alone.

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 5:09PM
willamettemom(7)

Thanks for your response! I went yesterday and had a great time. There was still a lot to choose from at 5 p.m. yesterday, so if anyone has time this morning, you might want to check it out!

Bookmark   August 9, 2008 at 12:37PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

Their display gardens are so fun to walk through.

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 2:15PM
rosefolly

They are one of the rose vendors I do buy from, but my rose space is pretty much filled up by now. My favorites were their Old Garden Roses (heirlooms) and their superb selection of older own-root Austins that are hard to find these days. Alas, they have cut back on selections in those two areas.

I had a friend who swore that their breeding program was producing some of the most interesting fragrant modern roses around.

Rosefolly

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Shade-loving vine for Portland, OR
I recently moved into a house that doesn't have much...
bburan13
evergreens for by gate
I have a couple of Columnar Dwarf Siberian Dogwood...
hallerlake
Garrya elliptica won't flower
I am in zone 8 and have had a Garrya elliptica growing...
julieotoole
Re:Anyone growing citrus in PNW
Hi everyone, I have an indoor tangerine plant for 4-5...
sweetflowers
Portland Yard Garden & Patio Show
Did anyone here ever attend that show and could give...
enith
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™