How long do your Magic Ftn Delphs last?

deanna_in_nh(5a/4b)August 3, 2011

I had only one Magic Fountain delph and it lasted two years. I thought it was me because I thought only the Pacific delphs were short-lived. Now I find out the Magic Ftns are short-lvied as well. How long have your Magic Ftns lived? If they expire every two years then perhaps I need to find a more permanent resident for the garden!

Are other delphs short-lived as well? I have some Chinese Delphiniums, bush variety, called Blue Mirror that are a stunning blue. Was hoping they would last longer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

The medium height delphiniums I grew (no longer remember the variety, but I grew from seed) lasted several years and were nice only until they got terrible mildew every year so I ripped those out. I loved the short bushy variety I grew, 'Blue Butterfly', but I tried it twice and though it bloomed all summer each time, it was effectively an annual and didn't come back the following year.

I guess that I could try sowing it from seed, but I haven't investigated that possibility, but as an annual I decided it was too expensive to buy the plant. Sorry not to be more encouraging.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 6:39AM
More Discussions
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #3
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Deer resistant evergreen shrub
Was wondering if you have any suggestions for an evergreen...
BloominOnion
Is your past content on GW missing?
Yesterday, I went looking for my old comments, to see...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Did anyone attend NEGROWS ?
With the 3 feet of snow, and of coarse the Super Bowl...
ron48
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #2
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™