transplanting Thalictrum and Astilbe
I want to transplant 3 Thalictrums (Meadow-rue). They've been in the same spot for 3 years and have done well. But they reach way out over other plants to get more sun (the shade hits them earlier than they would like or so it would seem). Should I wait until late fall, cut them way back, and then move them? They are done blooming.
The Astilbe just looks beaten-up. I planted it in partial shade a month ago. So I'm planning on giving it more shade elsewhere. I'm a little concerned that it might die if I wait until fall. Can I (relatively) safely move it now?
I haven't moved plants around much, so I wanted to check in here for advice.