Mass Horticultural Volunteer Day

runktrun(z7a MA)August 8, 2009

Throughout the year many of us have discussed volunteering at Mass Hort. Once again we recently revisited the idea on another thread and I was prompted to write and ask if they were interested in receiving any volunteer help from GW folks and this was the response.

Katy,

Your e-mail is timely. We need some help in our Bressingham Garden next week on Thursday and Friday. We are returning plants to the garden after they were displaced when we found the soil was not providing enough oxygen for healthy growth. If any of your group would like to help between 9am and 3pm, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoy the experience, perhaps we can schedule more regular visits. ThereÂs plenty of work to do.

Jen Courtney

Volunteer Coordinator

MHS

617-933-4921

So is anyone interested in either Thursday or Friday? Should we meet in the parking lot before hand?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggingthedirt

I really wish I could go - I'm catching up on appointments I've missed over the past few months, and have scheduled two "can't miss" things on 8/12 & 8/13. It sounds like they're going to have the group do actual re-planting - that's waaay better than weeding!

For anyone who doesn't know, the Bressingham Garden, at Elm Bank in Wellesley, is a fairly new (5 years?) garden that was designed by Adrian Bloom. It's inspiring and illustrates a lot of his best ideas. I'll put a link to it below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bressingham Garden

Bookmark   August 8, 2009 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
What Trees in Your Yard Look Prettiest Now?
We tend to fixate on Spring blooms. What trees in your...
edlincoln
Seeds & Plants on Sale, Locally? Online Catalog Sales?
Finally starting to feel like the growing season is...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
2015 Seeds & Plants on Sale, Locally? Online Catalog Sales?
I am starting a new sale thread for 2015 so it will...
NHBabs
Climbing hydrangea question
Green gardener here. This is kind of a silly question...
c_ coy 7aMA
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #4
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™