Choisya Aztec Pearl

mona_in_bcAugust 25, 2013

Hello....I planted these three plants together this summer. In the last few weeks the tips of the leaves have started to turn brown. The container is on the west side of our deck and gets full sun most of the day. I don't know if I'm over or under watering it. I just added some slow release granules. I'm very new to gardening and this is my first post. I am enjoying this website very much and am learning so much from everyone. One day I hope to contribute as well!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Poke around in the dirt to see what the moisture situation is. Pot looks portable, putting it under cover (cold greenhouse, garage with window, fully enclosed porch...) when Arctic fronts threaten would probably be a good idea - shrubs in containers are more prone to cold, and this shrub is not the hardiest one around.

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 1:17AM
dottyinduncan(z8b coastal BC)

I think this hot, sunny summer weather has been hard on choisya. I have one in a sunny spot and it isn't happy either. The ones in the shade are in better shape. It looks super in your pot and you will enjoy it in the wintertime.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 2:10AM
mona_in_bc

Thank you both for your response! I think I will move it to a shadier, more sheltered spot and see if that works.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
August Bloomers
We have a family reunion planned for our house in mid...
mcsix
Crape Myrtles in PNW - trick to get them to bloom?
I have three Crape Myrtles I planted that have been...
wynswrld98
need pruning advice for culinary sage bush
I am the new owner of 2 very old sage shrubs badly...
saxonmjs
Raised Beds/seed starts
We have 2 raised beds we put in last year in our front...
FireMidget
What seeds r u planting now this early warm spring?
My arugula is up fine but carrots havent germinated...
maroqw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™