Buying Local Plants - Spur the Economy

kathleenghassAugust 12, 2009

Hi, I was at a nursery yesterday, and when I walked around the lot with a super helpful gal who was so full of info, I am going back with my pickup truck.

Anyway, she was saying that more plants are arriving now - and fall is a great time to plant - so the recession wasn't crushing them, and people should go out and shop and buy some green and spend some green.

You can visit www.massflowergrowers.com to find a shop near you or farmstand. They are super helpful and this way we can keep our money local!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asarum(z6 Boston)

What is your relationship to the site mentioned above? People on this site are highly supportive of independently owned nurseries in New England, but this site is for getting information based on the experience of other gardeners. We want to hear specific details. What nursery someone went to, what specific plants they found there that might be hard to find or that represented a good deal.

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 12:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spedigrees z4VT

I'm not in MA but thought I might as well supply the name of my favorite local (Manchester, Vermont) independently owned nursery. This is where I've purchased almost all my perennials over the years and they always sell healthy plants that thrive. Their selection of perennials and annuals is magnificent, and they have nice garden ornaments as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Equinox Valley Nursery

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Winter weather in the kitchen - 2015 edition
This is the official thread to talk about (complain?)...
pixie_lou
Philadelphia Flower Show, 2015
Good news! The Philadelphia Flower Show is NOT dead....
hunt4carl
How to change houzz background
I just saw this on another forum: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/2854079/installing-stylish-to-change-houzz-background#14392444 It...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Seeds & Plants on Sale, Locally? Online Catalog Sales?
Finally starting to feel like the growing season is...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Philadelphia Flower Show photos
Stoney Bank Nurseries / The perspective here is phenomenal:...
hunt4carl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™