need evergreen climbing vine
My neighbors had a Sequoiadendron cut down.
But they left a 10 foot stump, diameter 2-2.5 feet.
They want to plant something going up the trunk.
1. They likely do not want something slow growing.
2. they are maybe willing to forego the evergreen requirement.
3. They want to plant it soon.
4. Maybe two plants to mingle together.
5. They might be able to get some sort of net or string to get something twining started up.
Any help is appreciated for a self clinging vine.
I've seen some cool plants but not sure they are readily available.
--like Pileostegia viburnoides.
or maybe just a Parthenocissus? --but which one?
Hydrangea anomela? Schizophragma?
Please, Just give me a list of any and all you would consider, thank you very much.
Umm --zone 8ish, 450 feet elevation, some western sun, part shade, probably dryish.
This post was edited by plantknitter on Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 17:20