where to buy lots of 8'emerald green arborvitae

lhy1031September 28, 2006

I would like to buy 40-50 8' tall emerald green arborvitae, preferrably delivered to my house in eastside of Seattle, where is the best place to buy this, I have about $1000 to spend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Probably your budget is too small. Have you done any pricing yet? 8 ft. is pretty tall.

Bookmark   September 28, 2006 at 1:27PM
gardengal48

Yeah, tough to even find them wholesale at that price. You'll need to rethink your budget, the quantity or maybe most expedient to compromise on size - 4-5 footers are readily available and relatively inexpensive. You'll pay more for 5-6 footers, but they too are rather common. Quantities of larger sizes are at a premium and for a premium price.

Check out Smokey Point Plant Farm or even Lowe's or HD - they are usually plentiful and at a good price for size. The boxes may be able to special order the quantity you need; Smokey Point grows 'em.

Bookmark   September 28, 2006 at 11:14PM
pianojuggler(z8b WA)

$1000 is $25 each for 40 plants. That's low retail for a 4- or 5-foot arborv.

Yeah, 8-footers are going to cost more... but a 4- or 5-foot one, well planted and fertilized should add a couple of feet in a couple of years.

On the Eastside, I would stop by Angelo's (behind Uwajimaya on 156th) on a slow day and ask if they can meet your price.

You might also call Julius Rosso (at the north end of Boeing Field) and see what kind of price they'll give you on that many.

My hunch is that 40 or 50 sounds like a lot to the average homeowner, but to a landscaper, it's a typical order, so I wouldn't expect a nursery or grower to go below wholesale for that quantity.

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 12:45PM

I wouldn't either.

Bookmark   October 3, 2006 at 2:51PM
scarlettmx5(z8 WA Smky Pt)

Thursday I went to Flower World. 3' = $10.00; 4' = $17.00 (the measurement is tree only, not including the pot). I didn't look for anything taller, but assume you could call and ask for their prices. It's pretty slow on weekdays.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 2:54PM
greenelephant(Woodinville WA)

I just returned from Home Depot where 5 gal Emerald Green Arbovitae (4-5' tall) are $9.97 ea.

You may have to travel around to several HD's to find 40-50. But I just planted five of them. :)

Regards,

Jim

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 6:19PM

Check for signs of having been allowed to dry out before purchasing.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 7:54PM
trolley_molly

Angelo's Nursery on 156th and 24th in Bellevue tends to have the best prices for generic landscaping plants, such as arborvitae and english laurel

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 2:35PM
mdvaden_of_oregon(NW Oregon)

When I was in Beaverton, a bit over a year ago, some wholesale nurseries like Lowe's had them for about $25 apiece for the 5' to 6' plants.

The 8' ones, can be in the 7 to 8 foot range, or the 8 foot to 10 foot range. If the 8' ones are in the latter, the are upwards of $80 to $100 each.

Consider 6' as the size to match your budget. Someone, somewhere, should have them for about $25 to $30 each.

Get them now. They are a drag to plant in late June through the summer. Losses can be high for many people. It's a big canopy on a small rootball in most cases.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 12:17AM
lhy1031

Thank you for all the advice. I went to Angelo's on 156th and bought 25 of 7' ones, at $25 per tree. I hope they will survive the harsh, rocky soil where they have to be planted along the edge of the fence.

Bookmark   November 6, 2006 at 6:29PM
ksuzuki_gmail_com

I know this is an old thread, but is Angelo's still open on the eastside? Their number is disconnected.

Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
Seattle Area -- Where to buy Kristin's Blush
Hi. The wife of a dear friend recently passed away...
blameitontherain
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap (Portland area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
Aspirin and fig rust
Recently, I visited my brother in Thailand and he has...
winsorw
Pot Filler
What do you use for the bottom half of a large pot...
lorrainehowe28
Trying to find Oregon Grape for sale
I am trying to find Oregon Grape - the compacta variety,...
garrai818
Sponsored Products
Green Yoda 18-Oz. Travel Tumbler
$8.99 | zulily
Envy Narrow Zig Zag Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
New Persian Super Kazak Cobalt Blue Hand Knotted 2'x6'2" Oriental Area Rug H5055
BH Sun Inc
Ivy Cone in Holiday Wrap with Bow
$89.50 | FRONTGATE
Flower Bed Art Glass Tiffany Style Torchiere Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Hand-tufted Mandara Brown Geometric Wool Rug (7'9 Round)
Overstock.com
Deep Bowl Forest Green 18-Inch Outdoor Pendant with White Cord
$187.95 | Bellacor
Hughes Sofa - Key Largo Grass Green
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™