Changed and Unchanged

mctavish6October 9, 2013

I haven't posted for a while but I have checked here sometimes. I've specially enjoyed the threads on color changes and which of your plants are still looking good. I know some of you don't like to look at the garden as its going downhill. This is one of my favorite times for taking pictures because of the color and the light. I over look the damage and see the color and also appreciate those that hold on so well. I hope someday someone will breed for the orange color that we have right now on many of the Fortunei's in particular.

I took some pictures yesterday. Here are some of them.

This alternates from a changed plant to an unchanged one. I think it's interesting that so many still perfect are the green and white ones. I wonder why that is?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esther_b

Maine Coons rock! Bijou (my MC) sez hi to Bo.

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 9:36PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Mctavish- Oh, my, how I love to look at your Fall photos. You have put a beautiful new spin on the way I see hostas as they go dormant. Mine don't do that so uniformly, just a few leaves on each one, but now I look at those leaves in a different way (and I'm not so quick to cut them off!).

-Babka

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 1:31PM
newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Pretty fall photos. I enjoyed seeing them and especially liked Olive Bailey Langdon. Just got one this year. I know what you mean about the green and white ones hanging on. I am amazed at my First Frost and how great it looks.

I am looking forward to see if I get some nice hosta fall colors. So far the fall coloring as been minimal---a few leaves here and there.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 8:25PM
don_in_colorado

Great pics. It's funny, because my 'Dress Blues' has gone almost completely dormant, while my 'Olive Bailey Langdon' still looks quite awake. Thanks for sharing your pics, McTavish. My cat is still unchanged, too. : )

Don B.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 9:36PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Myrle, by alternating you keep the eye fresh, and I think it emphasizes the pictures as individuals. Good plan, lady.

Of course, I saw your new uploads on Flickr but your text here is educational. Always look forward to seeing your pictures.

None of mine are coloring up yet, although we had a couple of cool nights and mild days.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
22 degrees Fahrenheit Saturday night predicted!
I spent three hours covering hostas when I got home...
zkathy
Designer Genes
We still have 2 feet of snow cover here, although it...
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b
First Victim
Had put a few precautionary pellets about a while ago...
frugaljon z8 UK
Private email to a poster
Now you CAN privately e-mail a poster...as I just now...
Babka NorCal 9b
They are 'eyes' not pips
It is racist to use the word 'pips' I am told … dave...
bragu_DSM 5
Sponsored Products
Teak Swivel Bar Stool
Grandin Road
New 52 Justice League Morphing Mug
$17.99 | zulily
Black 16-inch Plant Dolly
Overstock.com
Begonia Euro Toilet Paper Holder
Signature Hardware
Earth Flame Hybrid Clean Burn Wood Fireplace System - EF36SS
$599.99 | Hayneedle