The Best Place To Order Lillies

flowerpowereverettSeptember 24, 2012

On another thread, The Lily Garden, Vancouver, Washington, was mentioned. Upon checking their website, their prices are somewhat higher than say, John Scheepers. Has anyone ordered recently from this vendor? What was your experience like? Thanks for any info - Ruth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

For both selection and quality of bulbs, I like B&D Lilies in Port Townsend and The Lily Pad in Olympia. Both are regular participants at local garden shows and events and I like supporting local businesses :-) They may not be the lowest prices in town (don't actually know - never did any price comparisons) but they have big, plump, healthy bulbs and a wide selection.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 5:14PM
grrrnthumb(z8 WA)

B&D has great bulbs! Best value around for size vs. cost is at the NW Flower & garden show, if you can hold out that long. You'll get more bulb per dollar there than anywhere, and you get to pick your individual bulbs yourself.
- Tom

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 1:42AM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

If you haven't grown these before you must provide continuous protection from slugs while the tops are up.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 7:53PM
flowerpowereverett

Thanks for the great suggestions! I went ahead and placed the order with the Lily Garden and just finished planting the bulbs. They filled my order in a timely manner and their merchandise was top quality.

I have placed an order with B & D as well; I had seen their display the the Flower and Garden Show but incredulously, had never ordered from them!

Even worse than slugs this year, were the snails, which seem to be getting worse and worse each year!

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
Does soil "wear out"?
I have two gardening friends who don't know each other...
dottyinduncan
Question re: NW Garden show
We are planning to go to the NW Garden show for the...
dottyinduncan
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap (Portland area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
Growing Loquats in the PNW
I am posting this forum as I have not found a thread...
chitti
Crape Myrtles in PNW - trick to get them to bloom?
I have three Crape Myrtles I planted that have been...
wynswrld98
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™