Time to schedule CT fall plant swap

casey1gwAugust 8, 2005

Next month is September and time for our bi-annual swap. This way we'll have plenty of time to check our schedules and see what plants will need dividing. This year we should add plants that we are looking for as well as those we can bring. I'm so glad I moved to CT. I have deer, rabbits, chipmunks and now asian beetles. Everytime I actually see a flower in my garden I say "Thank you God". Hopefully, I'll have some survivors to bring.

Everyone, let's see if we can work out a day to have our wonderful and fun plant swap.

Hedy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vtskiers(z6a CentralCT)

Let's propose some dates. So far the only weekend day I'm not free in September (besides Labor Day) is Sept 10th, a Saturday.

Sue

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 8:48PM
saypoint(6b CT)

No way, I don't want to think about summer being over yet! I'm free most weekends except for Sat. Sept. 24. Hedy, those Malva Zebrina finally appeared a couple of yards away from where they were before.

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 10:15PM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

Yikes! It can't be that time already, can it?

Well, I'm selling at the farmer's market every Saturday, so if you want a Saturday, you guys pick a date and I'll see what I can do. Sundays, I think I'm available any of them. The 15th is my 20th wedding anniversary (sheesh, now THAT'S scary!!) so that weekend of the 17th may end up being booked, but knowing my DH, I have a feeling I won't have any plans, and I'll be free to come to the swap, lol!

:)
Dee

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 11:08PM
EGO45(6bCT)

I'd prefer it to be toward the end of September. Early October will be even better, as I'll be digging and dividing my lily's 'groves' this fall and than later it will be than better for bulbs and you (then more bulbs and bulblets I'll bring to the swap, hehe).
I just look at the calendar, Sat or Sun, Oct 1-2 sounds like neither too late, nor too early.

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 12:02AM
siennact

The later, the better I guess! Oct 1-2 works for me.

tina

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 7:43AM
vtskiers(z6a CentralCT)

October 1st is not good for me (we have a wedding to attend) but the 2nd is fine.

Sue

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 8:28AM
aeiger(Z7bNC)

I prefer end of September or early October. Either Saturday or Sunday. I took cuttings of Montauk daisies a few months ago and they are looking quite nice. Are we doing a potluck again? I also have dark purple monarda that is just starting to root and a few weeks more will help them establish. /Abi

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 10:31AM
the_shady_lady(z6 CT)

I like October 2nd too.

Virginia

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 2:49PM
casey1gw

It seems that Sunday Oct 2 works for most people. Hopefully, it will have cooled off too. Put it on your calendars. The potluck is fun too if everyone still wants to bring something. It might also be a better time for Ron and Young's Nursery. Now we have to invite everyone because the more the merrier.

Hedy

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 9:08PM
amysue31(z6 CT)

I'm looking forward to attending again--this spring was my first time and it was terrific meeting fellow gardeners and sharing the wealth! As always, I seem to have a number of plants that other folk may find too invasive, but I like the advantage of having my own "nursery" and keep dividing and spreading them around. I should have Lemon Balm, Gooseneck Loostrife, Monarda (pinks, purples, lavenders), and also some petasites.
October sounds good to me too as I still don't feel like I've had a chance to enjoy the garden yet this summer!

Amy

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 10:02AM
ronr(z6 ct)

okay I guess oct. 2 it is...before I noticed this thread i started a new thread in the exchanges forumas well.
see ya soon!
ron

Bookmark   August 24, 2005 at 10:58PM
jackbe1(z6 CT)

So the plant swap is this is October 2nd at Youngs Nursery in Wilton, CT at 10am? Hope to see you all there.

Jack from Trumbull.
jackbe1@earthlink.net

Bookmark   September 18, 2005 at 6:21PM
ronr(z6 ct)

Hi Jack, one slight correction.
the plant swap is being held at youngs nurseries in woodbury ct. not wilton. this is the same company but the woodbury location is much larger (over 54 acres). it is located at 130 washington rd. (rt. 47 just south of the woodbury ski area)
in woodbury.
see ya soon.
ron

Here is a link that might be useful: link to ct swap thread

Bookmark   September 18, 2005 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
How to change houzz background
I just saw this on another forum: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/2854079/installing-stylish-to-change-houzz-background#14392444 It...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
How do I add a zone to my user name?
I've been trying to edit my profile in "Your Houzz"...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Something to brighten up this horrible winter
I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe...
bill_ri_z6b
Seaweed as mulch
I am thinking of using seaweed as mulch or add to my...
dwyerkg
Is your past content on GW missing?
Yesterday, I went looking for my old comments, to see...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™