Neat garden app for IPhone or IPad

melissia(7)March 5, 2012

Its called GardenID -- you can put in your location and then choose vegetables that are good or your area and also choose what is good at this time. It gives tips and planting suggestions. It was free.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
biradarcm(7b)

melissia,
Thanks for the info. That is cool app, I was looking for such app sometime ago, none having location info. -Chandra

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 11:01PM
cjlambert(6b Tulsa)

Thanks! It does have a lot of great information, and works for IPods, too!

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 2:24PM
owiebrain(5 MO)

Pshaw. I want an iPhone app that does my laundry & dishes so I have more time for gardening.

One of my brothers is a app developer. I'll tell him to get started on it right away. We'll get rich!

Diane

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 5:13PM
jcatblum(7)

It is a neat app, looks like it still has some bugs. It randomly closed on me a few times. I am sure I will enjoy playing with the app even with the bugs! I was looking for a garden app a while back & couldn't find anything...
Thanks for posting!

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 8:14AM
lat0403(Z7-SWOK)

I have an app called Garden Tracker that I really like. You tell it what, where, and when you planted something and it will keep track of dtm and remind you to fertilize and stuff like that. Supposedly. I've never actually done any of that with it yet.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 9:42AM
biradarcm(7b)

I have been using many FREE garden apps for iPhone and iPad. here i have listed in order of my preference- Garden Guide (from mother earth news), GadenID, Veg Calender, Gardening, Garden-guide (from Essential Gardens), Heirloom, Garden Tracker, Pocket Gardening, . Out all these none will beat the GW! My wish for this Christmas is an iPhone app for Garden Web -Chandra

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 12:12PM
ezzirah011(7a)

I have garden apps on my android phone, but have not used them yet. I don't know why, I guess I don't trust them too much. But if you use them Chandra, and get the results you do, it is worth looking in to!

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 6:39AM
biradarcm(7b)

ezzirah, initially I thought I am learning something from them, but no more, now feel like those are for dummies LOL... expect mother earth app it has good info on varieties and goot tips and they also updates once in a while.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 11:03AM
sirikay

Look at the Garden Compass App in itunes (free). You snap a picture of a plant, pest or disease and through the app submit it to their live garden advisors who get you an identification plus any needed suggestions for care. Some of the items you can buy through the app but not many yet.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
What would you plant right now?
Yeah. Well. I'm impatient and I'm tired of mah brain...
chickencoupe
Goji or honeyberries
Has anyone planted goji or honeyberries looking to...
oldokie
monarchs
http://www.livemonarch.com/growinginstructions.htm Thought...
sorie6
Rattlesnakes Out in February: Not A Good Thing
Last week, our silver tabby cat, Casper, thought he...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™