Plant Swap Sunday Sept 29th

annie_nh(z4/5 NH)August 29, 2013

Just want everyone to know that I will be holding our annual plant swap on Sunday September 29th.
As the old timers know (and I do mean old timers) you can bring as many or as few of your plants to swap. If you plan to stay for lunch you can bring something for the food table( we always have too much food so if you do not feel like bringing anything except plants that is okay as well.

It is early yet but I will let you know that I have started to dig up plants for the plant swap.
I have dug up and potted some grape leaf anemone and some rose of sharon and a hibiscus. Anyone interested/
I have a lot of pictures of my garden on FaceBook. Take a look and tell me if you see anything you would like.
More later.
Let me know if you decide to come
Annie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
defrost49

I'm sorry to once again miss the fall plant swap. I bet it's just as much fun as the one in the spring.

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 9:22AM
dfaustclancy

Hi Annie (and daughters)

I hope to make your swap on Sept 29. I wanted to show you a very nice pot I put together this year and see if you approve. It is calla lily, canna, acidanthera and impatiens. I am rather proud of this one, as the actual pot that holds soil is only 11" deep and sits atop of the larger display pot. It would be way too heavy if the whole thing was filled with soil. I think I will be bringing some blue lobelia, a nikko blue hydrangea and a verbenum tomentosum (wedding cake plant) and some primrose japonica - Miller's Crimson. People have really liked the primroses in the past as they come back every year and spread just a little. When you plant the japonica primroses they need to be kept damp, so I find a small piece of rug in the planting hole does the trick, as it always remains damp in the soil. Looking forward to seeing you and your garden. I still have the white hardy hibiscus you gave me years ago and would now like to have a colored one. Do you have any with colors? Best, Debra

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 10:25AM
annie_nh(z4/5 NH)

Looking forward to seeing you Debra, I I will dig you up a pink hibiscus and I can always use another primrosel
Summer sure has flown by.
Hope your hubby is coming too.
Anne

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 8:28PM
daffodil33

Hi, new to GardenWeb, where is the plant swap? I have indoor aloe babies and seeds,mi can trade. Thanks,
daffodil33

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 10:48PM
defrost49

Debra, that combination is stunning. I think the tall plants look great offset by the tall planter. Smart trick not to fill the whole thing with soil.

Daffodil, the plant swap in near Manchester NH. Email Annie for directions. It's a very nice group of people who attend and the pot luck lunch is fantastic.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 8:24AM
dfaustclancy

Just bumping this up so more folks see the upcoming swap at Annie's Farm on 9/29!

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 9:26PM
More Discussions
Old Windows needed for cold frame
Does anyone know where to find windows cheap ($0.00)...
dwyerkg
Philadelphia Flower Show addendum
The theme for next year's show will center around America's...
hunt4carl
Climbing hydrangea question
Green gardener here. This is kind of a silly question...
c_ coy 7aMA
Any Block Island gardeners here?
I've never seen any postings from anyone gardening...
bill_ri_z6b
Hummingbird Spring Migration 2015
I've been checking regularly and finally today there...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™