winner---top gun hosta

josephines123 z5 ON CanadaNovember 12, 2013

As promised, here is the winner of the search for a Top Gun hosta for 2014.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

So sorry, folks......I have taken longer than a week, I realize but had to research the winner and a few others for availability before deciding, lol

It really is a difficult choice as all submissions are just beautiful, aren't they?

I've compiled the list....the asterisk in front of hosta name indicates I have it.

*Liberty - Dan
Montana Aureamarginata - Sunnywood
On Stage-Paula. ***sport of Montana
Lederhosen- Mctavish
Dream weaver-Mctavish's sister
Beauty Substance-McTavish
*Antioch-Jan
*Big daddy-Don B
Golden Gate-HH1
Stingray-Steve
*June - Tiddisolo
Foxfire Palm Sunday - Vanessa
Wishing Well - Funnthsun
*Lakeside Shore Master - Phil
*Great Expectations - NHL

...and the WINNER IS.............

H. 'ON STAGE'. - - - - submitted by Paula!

I looked at many, many pictures and it stayed consistently beautiful in various stages of growth.....reminds me a bit of Paul's Glory (which I do not have). Paula, in my garden it will be known as "On Stage Paula" ...you are in great company with "Guacamole Don", "So Sweet BK"...

FYI--- it took me 3 days to arrive at a decision and some research. I had to review what I already had....did I have anything similar....that sort of thing.

I must say though, I'm still torn over the others! Don't anyone be surprised if sometime during the next growing season I post other new acquisitions....and they are all from this thread....they might just get priority over my want list.

stay tuned..........:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Search for Top gun hosta

This post was edited by josephines67 on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 13:52

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 1:48PM
newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Thanks Jo for letting us know the winner. On Stage is on my want list too. It is such a lovely hosta. Good choice. The others were certainly beautiful hostas worth considering for anyone's wish list!

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 3:41PM
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida

Jo Thank you I feel honored. I cannot wait to show my friends at lunch tomorrow. I hope I have enabled everyone to get an On Stage this spring. I am in great company with bk and Don. Paula

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 7:44PM
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

Thank you, NHL! I WANT IT N O W!!! Not wait till spring! I hope you get one too.

I just shovelled the driveway for the first time this season after returning from babysitting....ugh...winter is here :-(. But...good snow blanket for all the hosta out there :-)

Paula, you are quite welcome and I am so glad you responded to the thread along with the others....some heavy contenders there! There is so much I wanted to say, but will save it for next spring...after I pick it up!

Jo

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
Hosta G 2014
I saw a sign that said "watch for children"...
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™