Big Stonegate Gardens Sale, Lincoln,MA

arbo_retum(z5 ,WinchstrMA)September 3, 2010

50% off pottery (and they have really good stuff out there) and 40% off j maples, plus quart square pot perennials- 10 for $20. Wow!!

best,

mindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pixie_lou

Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of Stonegate Gardens, and I live in the next town over. I guess I'll head over there this week.

Bookmark   September 5, 2010 at 6:09PM
lovesummer(5/6)

I was there this weekend and they had rather few of the square pot perennials left, and unfortunately you had to buy 10 to get the sale price, they weren't $2 each. They did relent when I said I wasn't interested in paying half price for a couple of really bedraggled plants and gave me those for $2 each. The pottery sale includes metal, except cast iron. I got a couple of nice zinc planters and a stunning copper one for 50% off.

It was encouraging to see all the construction going on there. After the recent closings of so many nurseries it's good to see that at least some are prospering. Their staff is very helpful as well.

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 2:48PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

We went on Saturday too. Came home with a small plant at full price. The perennials were looking pretty awful after the summer we had. Not a big surprise and yes, the selection was limited. Lovely ceramic planters but after discussing the chances of breakage over winter and considering having to move those heavy large pots indoors every fall, or buying a metal pot that would rust, we passed on those. I would have liked to find more medium and small ceramic pots that would be a size I wouldn't mind moving in and out. Considered a Japanese Maple but didn't find what I wanted. I may try again in the spring and order what I need. Everyone was friendly.

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 2:57PM
arbo_retum(z5 ,WinchstrMA)

from their latest eletter:

40% OFF all deciduous trees
All evergreens are 20% off
All deciduous shrubs 20% off

best,
mindy

Bookmark   September 10, 2010 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
Philadelphia Flower Show photo
Burke Brother’s Nursery / This was my favorite -...
hunt4carl
What Trees in Your Yard Look Prettiest Now?
We tend to fixate on Spring blooms. What trees in your...
edlincoln
2015 Camellia Show at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
http://www.towerhillbg.org/index.php?cID=410 This weekend,...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Cold or not, it's THAT time of year again!
The infamous Philadelphia International Flower Show is...
hunt4carl
Something to brighten up this horrible winter
I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe...
bill_ri_z6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™