Oklahoma Drought Monitor 4/2/2013

Okiedawn OK Zone 7April 4, 2013

I've linked the latest version of the Oklahoma state map from the U. S. Drought Monitor below.

This includes all data reported as of 7 a.m. Tuesday, 4-2-2013, so you will not see any improvement related to rain that has fallen since 7 a.m. Tuesday.

This is the first Drought Monitor map I can remember seeing in quite some time that has an area shaded in 'yellow' to reflect that an area is merely Abnormally Dry. Could the color 'white' be coming to the Oklahoma Drought Monitor soon? Stay tuned.

Otherwise, there is not much change from last week to this week, but I do think we'll see more changes next week....although they likely will be subtle changes and not some big massive end to drought over a widespread area. Well, if we suddenly had 5 to 7" fall in a one-week period, then the areas that got that rainfall likely would show great improvement in their drought conditions.

We've been seeing slow and steady drought improvement, moving from eastern OK westward for a couple of months now. I just hope that enough rain falls this spring that we at least can go into summer's heat with everyone out of drought or at least back in the lower categories.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: This Week's OK Drought Monitor

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chickencoupe

Right. I bet summer will switch it back, but at least this will give us some moisture lee-way. Then, of course, this summer could be totally different!

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 2:26AM
More Discussions
I did it!
I made sammich bread !! I know it's not garden related,...
chickencoupe
Goji or honeyberries
Has anyone planted goji or honeyberries looking to...
oldokie
What would you plant right now?
Yeah. Well. I'm impatient and I'm tired of mah brain...
chickencoupe
Purchased comppost and soil.
Somewhere recently I read a post that had a phone number...
AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
Zone 7 Ranunculus???
Does anyone in 7a have any experience growing ranunculus...
oklahomegrown
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™