silly question?

kevingalaxyMay 19, 2010

ok so you have all probably seen this q before - sorry in advance!

I want to go from using Scotts fertilizer + 2% iron (you know the standard one you see in stores) 4 times a year to using milogranite. Now how often do i put milogranite down to get the same results? my lawn is in pretty good shape and i dont want it to ruin it!

Live in central NJ, grass is a mixture of Fescue & KBG (i think), mow 3+ inches all year round, havent watered this year as the rain has been good thus far. thanks all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

How often will depend on what your soil needs as well as what other management strategies you use, and the only way to know that is to have a good, reliable soil test done. Manage the nutrients in your soil, and the Soil Food Webs ability to deliver those nutrients and that wil take care of itself.
Sufficient amounts of organic matter in the soil, mowing high to leave as much leaf exposed to the sun, so that leaf can manufacture nutrients to feed the roots, and watering properly will go a long way toward a good, healthy turfgrass.

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 9:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

Without a soil test, which I don't necessarily suggest, then "normally" a cool season lawn should need fertilizer in late spring (now-ish), Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. I would try that schedule this year and see how it looks.

Bookmark   May 22, 2010 at 1:30AM
More Discussions
Thanks for the Great Looking Lawn! :D
Just wanted to say thanks to this group for the advice...
raymondo17
So how out of touch are we????
Years ago, during one of those PBS marathon fundraisers,...
bossyvossy
Help, switching to organic lawn
So, I aerated and reseeded my bare(dead, dying, weed...
ballerj63
Questions about overseeding
Hi all, soon I will be overseeding my Tall Fescue with...
oberci
Objective Proof for Organic vs. Non-organic?
I have always been in the camp of, "Feed the soil,...
chaoticut
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™