Looking for commercial-grade/6-inch metal edging in OKC

tadasanaApril 5, 2013

Does anyone know where in OKC I could find 6-inch metal edging instead of the 4-inch version sold by all the big box stores?

I've called: Home Depot, Lowes, Westlake/ACE, TLC & Pre-Cure and no one carries 6-inch (not even online) and no one can tell me where the pros get theirs. I left a message with a professional landscaper to ask her where to find it but the ground is SO PERFECT right now for deep edging work I wish I could buy it this weekend and get to it!

Any clues?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonergrandmom

I don't know if they will have it, but I would try American Plant Products (405) 787-4833

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 8:49PM
tadasana

Thanks so much! I'll call them tomorrow.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 12:18AM
MiaOKC

Maybe call John Deere, I think they are on Memorial Rd in Edmond. They are usually to the trade only but might be willing to point you in the right direction.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 10:23AM
tadasana

Thanks again, All:

I ended up calling both places--American had 6-inch but only sold wholesale; Deere wasn't sure what to rec other than TLC. Looks like I'll have to go through a professional landscaper.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 1:30AM
oklaben(7)

For what it's worth, I wanted 12" wide strips to attempt to contain some raspberries. I ended up purchasing big sheets of corrugated metal (generic roofing stuff) and cut it up. As long as you're careful with the raw edges, it seems to be a pretty workable solution, and a lot less expensive than the "official" edging.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 11:20PM
More Discussions
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap. February 28, 2015 When I...
duckcreekgardens
Are there any young people that garden?
I'm 63 and just wondered if there were any young people...
pistol
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
Can I plant onions yet?
I put in an 8x8 raised bed for onions, bought in some...
rickintulsa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™