geese!!!

ceresone(missouri ozarks)February 24, 2008

Opened door just now, and cat came running in, not unusual,"cause I heard what I thought was dogs barking down by the pond--Then they took off--about 50 geese!!Yea, springs here!! (hope the dont try to set down on all this ice and break a leg--no, not on the pond--on my yard and pasture.)

I'll keep saying springs here till I convince myself!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweetwm007(6 b)

time to break out the glock?!

william

Bookmark   February 24, 2008 at 9:01PM
oakleif(z6 AR)

The geese can't be wrong---hopefully. Spring is almost here!!!

Bookmark   February 24, 2008 at 9:58PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I hope you're right. I've had my fill of "wintery mix" for this year.
I saw a sparrow with a big white feather go up under an eave at Wendy's yesterday and I was thinking the same thing "Spring is here!" unless they insulate for cold weather. lol

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 7:03AM
robiniaquest(z6 MO)

We saw geese in the air last night, honking very loudly on their way. I told my daughter that same thing - the birds aren't gonna be wrong. These past two winters have been rough after several mild ones in a row.

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 12:02PM
mulberryknob

We heard geese here a week ago so they are on the move. And more crocus are blooming in my yard, and the dafffs are starting to open. C'mon Spring!!

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 10:44PM
missfourseasons

When we were living in Pennsylvania, we were walking along a creek and came upon a mother with her nest of eggs. Of course, she was upset and we apolgized and moved on as quickly as we could, but what a great discovery! Will never forget the experience!

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 6:58AM
pomonaflower

Last week Tuesday, Trouble (one of my dogs) and I were walking around sundown when we heard lots of racket. Looking up I was thrilled to see a wave of about 1000 geese overhead, all headed north. A few minutes later, a second wave, just as large or larger, passed by.

Being a "northerner" until last fall, I assumed they were Canadian Geese - about all we ever saw. The next day I read in the local press that they were Snow Geese. What brave birds they are. They winter on the western coast of the Gulf of Mexico but breed in the summer north of the tree line in Alaska and in the arctic regions of Canada. Now that's what I call a comute!!

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™