poppies

helenh(z6 SW MO)February 27, 2009

I love opium poppies for the flowers of course. I have heard of Lauren's grape and thought it looked pretty. Where I ordered did not have it, so I ordered Persian blue. Does anyone grow these and if so is Lauren's grape nice enough to hunt for. I have some other pink doubles that are pretty, so it is not something I really "need" unless it is superior. Also on the seed exchange and somewhere else Yvonnne's salvia was mentioned; anyone grow that and like it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

helen, don't order any. I grow it and it is super.

I will check my seeds and see if I have some labeled. I found a huge package of poppy seeds, not labeled. I think it is Lauren's Grape but can't guarantee it.

I will save some for you this year if you want me to.

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 6:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

That is my trouble and it is because I did not think I would want to trade seeds. I got started on the seed exchange because of the free tomatoes I got from Trudi and Okiedawn and it was so fun getting the envelopes and the little packets. I have seed I could trade but I don't label. I labeled one coneflower. I have grey headed coneflower and sweet coneflower and I don't know which it is. I did not label my impatients seed either. I had to plant it and see what came up. I labeled my celosia the good celosia. I had orange and gold; don't know which is which. Oh well.

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
Swans
Saw these yesterday in the field behind ours and then...
christie_sw_mo
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™