spring fling

oldokieApril 26, 2014

my wife and I had a wonderful time thank you all for the food , the plants and friendships once again thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Tim and I had a wonderful time too. The food, plants and company were awesome.

To me, the Spring Fling almost feels like a family reunion. It is so much fun to see the folks we know and remember from past plant swaps, and also to meet new folks and have a face to put with a name from this point forward. It is also fun to watch the kids and grandkids growing up and changing over the years.

Thank you to everyone who participated in any and every way. Every single person who attended added their own touch to the gathering and made it the fun event that we all enjoy so much. For those of you who were unable to attend, we missed your presence and hope you'll be able to attend next year.

A special Thank You to Ken and Paula for hosting this event once again. You two rock! When we turn into your driveway, I feel like I have arrived home....and know that the only way to summarize the event after it is over is to say "a good time was had by all". (And, a lot of homeless plants and seeds found new homes!)

Dawn

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 9:47PM
Lisa_H OK(7)

It was another great Spring Fling!!

I enjoyed meeting everyone! and I'm thrilled with the dill and fennel I came home with...and hopefully my butterflies will be too!

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 10:53PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

I had to come back to say a big Thank You to Lynn for the beautiful jars of jelly and salsa. Tim and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and I can assure you we will enjoy every yummy bite.

Also, thank you to Tom for sharing photos of y'all's awesome rain barrel project. Tim is feeling positively inspired, which makes me hopeful a rain barrel project will make it onto his To Do list.

Lisa, I hope the dill and fennel attract lots of butterflies. I have them, and parsley, scattered all over my garden and we have butterflies all the time.

Dawn

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 10:57AM
amunk01

Im so thankful for all the memories, friendships, plants, and my delightful homemade soap (from the door prizes)! The entire day was a blast, thank you to everyone who contributed to such a great event! Paula, it was amazing to meet you and enjoy your beautiful home! Thank you so much for being such a fun hostess, you're such a hoot! I had such a wonderful time talking to everyone and matching names to faces. What a day! :) I'm so thankful to be able to call the kind and generous people on this forum, my friends. Thank you again e veryone. I'm already excited about next year!
Alexis

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 2:00AM
lisakeel1(7a)

Alexis, Are you the one who gave me the coleslaw recipe? I need to say Thanks again. We had a cook out Sunday and I made some of your slaw. The whole family Loved it!
Thanks again,
Lisak

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Bad weather
Nasty weather out there, be safe.
AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
We're Having All Four Seasons of Weather This Week!
This is your warning that this week's weather is going...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Seeds
Okay. So, I was overly optimistic when I purchased...
hazelinok
Intercropping Tomatoes
with Sweet corn? Is it doable? with so many tomato...
chickencoupe
Former Oklahoma Forum member in the news
We miss Diane and Steve, but can get an update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCFqjxpuPY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g...
soonergrandmom
Sponsored Products
Hughes Chair - Key Largo Pumice Beige
Joybird Furniture
Francesca 5 Piece Queen Bedroom Set in Black
$1,340.00 | LexMod
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Bisque Table Lamp with Aruba Sh
Home Depot
Acrylic Green Mason Jar Sipper with Straw
Classic Hostess
Polaris P0022VB Porcelain Vessel Sink
$98.14 | PLFixtures
Cherry Blossom Bundle
$13.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™