Spring Exchange?

wezey(z6 AR)February 4, 2008

Is anyone planning a spring exchange by any chance? We have done them later, but now is a really good time. Not so hot and new plants are emerging. Any thoughts or suggestions? I live in Mountain Home, AR, and could get the pavilion at the local park if anyone wants to chip in for the fee. If interested I will find out more. LOUISE

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oakleif(z6 AR)

wezey, when were you thinking? It takes awhile to organize and is still a little cold. I'd be interested. Lets hear more.
vickie

Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 12:49PM
pinkspoonbill

I'd be really interested in any swaps that would occur in the Little Rock area. I've been here two years and have heard of no swaps even though I've been looking here for announcements. Where I used to live, there was a swap in the Spring and one in the Fall. If there were to be a swap in Little Rock, I'd be happy to call around looking for a location, and maybe bake something for it. Can't do many fees, though, as I am not working right now. I'll keep looking for swaps in Central AR.

Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 11:00PM
gldno1

The swap sounds interesting, though it is probably a little far for some of us. I'm near Springfield, Mo.

Bookmark   February 6, 2008 at 7:21AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

Mt Home would be better for me and would be close to MO. I think bigred from Nashville has swaps every year she is not too far off I-35 i think and she checks in every now and than.
April sound good to me. How much would the pavillian cost?

Bookmark   February 7, 2008 at 12:18AM
mulberryknob

Hi, Louise, haven't seen you here for awhile. You made it to my house to dig Naked Ladies. Let me know if any bloom this year. The hen and chicks you gave me are still with me although a few died out. There are babies in the pot though. Wish I were free to come that far for a swap. But if anyone wants to set one up in the Fayetteville area, I could come but not on Sat. Pinkspoonbill, let me know how your Naked Ladies take and bloom. The cereus took root and is still on my porch/plant room. Dorothy

Bookmark   February 7, 2008 at 2:08PM
pinkspoonbill

Your naked lady bulbs look great for this time of year. I put four out right after I got them, and last I checked, they had a tip of green (that was before the coldest nights). The remaining bulbs stayed inside the house; I thought I'd wait until after the cold in case the cold got to them. But, they started growing in my bedroom with short green coming out the tops. So, a week or so ago, I put them out in case they needed soil, water and nutrients to support the growth. I'll have to look at them again, soon. I'm glad your cereus rooted. It should grow a new segment soon. Mine are growing, but have not flowered yet. Thank you again for the bulbs.

Bookmark   February 7, 2008 at 10:31PM
mulberryknob

Cold doesn't hurt Naked Ladies. I have planted hundreds by throwing them on the ground in October so the leaves from the trees can cover them. The only time I have had them fail to take and root--and pull themselves down into the soil--was during droughty years. (05 was a bust). They can't take the drought.

Bookmark   February 8, 2008 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
March Gardening Letter from MU
I always find good info on these: March Gardening Calendar...
gldno1
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Lavender from Seeds
I am just north of Springfield in Greene Co., Mo. ...
gldno1
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™