What are you most looking forward to for Thanksgiving Dinner?

prairiemoon2 z6 MANovember 20, 2012

Any special recipes that you make every year? Something someone brings that is always a hit? Do you have the same thing every year, or do you change it up? Will anyone be traveling far on Thanksgiving?

We will be home. Having a traditional Turkey dinner with all the fixin's. We seem to be planning way too much food, but are planning on sending most of it home with everyone. Daughter is trying a new recipe this year, Pumpkin Bread Pudding.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

A happy Thanksgiving to you also!

I'm most looking forward to seeing family, but the food is always ample and well-cooked. We do my husband's side of the family on Thanksgiving, and there's always some variety. Depending on who brings what, different recipes get used for things like stuffing, potatoes, appetizers, and different choices for veggies. My MIL makes a great turkey, though. My mom always served the exact same meal, but I enjoy the variety.

My parents-in-law are a few miles up the road from us, but others in the family travel further, so we tend to make a weekend of it with a couple of days of group cooking, playing games, chatting, going for walks down the road or through the woods. I'm truly blessed with my inlaws who are wonderful people.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 8:48PM
singleton165(z5 NH Seacoast)

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm visiting a friend in No. Carolina this year, she asked us if there's anything particular we wanted with the meal...my BF listed the basics. LOL My favorite is homemade stuffing and gravy, it's not the sorta thing I would make any other time of the year.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 5:26AM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

Mashed potatoes and gravy! I don't really need anything else, lol.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Dee

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:51AM
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA

I'm trying something new this year; sweet potato biscuits. Like Dee, I don't really need anything else. Except for apple pie with crystallized ginger....

I'm wishing everyone a peaceful and tasty Thanksgiving!

Claire

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 10:50AM
defrost49

I had a small squash patch this year but wanted to try some different kinds of squash. The delicata were fabulous but are already gone. We'll have Confection for dinner tomorrow. It's a good keeper and we think it's better tasting than the ButterCup we used to have. Hopefully I'll have enough time to make some squash rolls since a cousin who usually brings rolls isn't coming this year. But what I'm looking forward to most of all is LEFTOVERS! My favorite is cold turkey sandwich (dark meat) with mayo and cranberry sauce.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 1:21PM
carol6ma_7ari(zones 6 & 7a)

It'll be just the 2 of us, so we decided, no turkey & fixin's. Instead, shrimp stir-fry with scallions, bean sprouts, ginger etc., over brown rice. Lots of OUR OWN garlic.

Happy Txgvng--

Carol

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 4:50PM
More Discussions
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #4
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Philadelphia Flower Show photos
Stoney Bank Nurseries / The perspective here is phenomenal:...
hunt4carl
Any Block Island gardeners here?
I've never seen any postings from anyone gardening...
bill_ri_z6b
Seaweed as mulch
I am thinking of using seaweed as mulch or add to my...
dwyerkg
Winter weather in the kitchen - 2015 edition
This is the official thread to talk about (complain?)...
pixie_lou
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™