Looks like Spring! Perennials and roses!

mosswitchFebruary 19, 2013

Bare root perennials and bare root roses are in this week! Come and get them at bare root prices before they get potted up and the prices go up! Not a whole lot of perennials yet, bulk of them has not arrived yet, but I'm already potting them up. Really great selection of bare root roses! I LOVE spring!

Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Thanks for the update and keep them coming.

I love thinking about spring, but it looks like I'm getting 1.5 inches of sleet Thursday. I hope that is a mistake and I get snow or rain instead. Christie what is forecast for you? I hope you get your snow.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:10PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I'd much rather get snow than ice but looks like it's going to be ice this time and sleet. : ( And they keep lowering the high for Thursday.
I wish you were closer Sandy. I'd love to check in about twice a week and see what's new. I'm trying very hard not to buy a bunch of new plants. I need to downsize. lol Of course I won't.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 6:36AM
mosswitch

Hosta Society meeting this Saturday, at the Botanical gardens in Springfield, Christie. Season opener, ice cream social and silent hosta auction. You should come, be fun! I think it starts at noon. We plan to be there! This is from the Society president, Tom Lakowski:

Saturday, the 23rd, from noon to three, is our 2013 Kick-off Party. It will be at the botanical center. We will auction and raffle off all the hostas from our booth and, Lees dish gardens. Plus I will show you our presentation to the American Hosta Society to get our hosta garden accepted as an AHS National Display Garden. AND, I have a dozen great doorprizes. AND, we will have free ice cream sundaes. We will also talk about all our 2013 events. This is a blast, don't miss it.

Sandy

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:06AM
mosswitch

LOTS more perennials came in on Wednesday. As soon as this ice goes away, they could actually go in the ground! Come get them before I get them all potted! Some are bare root but most are in plugs or small pots. And more to come!
Sandy

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:02PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

What kind of strawberry plants does Gail plan on selling? I know she has had bundles of them in the cooler before.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Hello Everyone!
Well, I've been away for 8 years but am finally back...
fourseasons_2
Swans
Saw these yesterday in the field behind ours and then...
christie_sw_mo
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™