A Quick Note of Thanks

williamcartwrightJune 16, 2007

I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to the regular posters who've put so much time and effort into this forum. My St Augustine lawn has been "organic" for almost 10 years. But never has it been so beautiful, healthy and lush as this year as a direct result of advice gleaned from reading this forum.

Most especially valuable in my case (as I already mowed high and watered deep and infrequently) was the regular application of Soybean Meal and pure Alfalfa Pellets. I never expected the positive benefits would be visable this quickly, or be as profound. My highest expectations have been surpassed.

Today my wife said walking on the lawn was "like being on a plush carpet". truth told.

I can only looks forward to what several years of this kind of routine will bring.

I'd say to anyone who has been reading this forum and wondering if these things really work. Try it and see for yourself!

Again, I want to give deep thanks!

May your grass be green,

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billhill(z5 MI - KBG)

I feel the same as you Bill. My lawn has improved greatly in last two years. IÂm sure your kind words reflect the thought of many including myself who have benefited from reading the forums here. Two of my neighbors have started using SBM, and their lawns are improving. Thanks Bill for reporting your success and encouraging others who may be considering the organic approach to lawn maintenance.

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 5:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morpheuspa

Ditto, Bill! I'm a year and a half in to organics (counting growing seasons, anyway) and I can't believe the transformation in the lawn and the soil beneath it.

I've converted several neighbors, so there's a little less chemical crap going into our groundwater.

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 7:42AM
More Discussions
Planting Clover Stolons (or Any Stolons Really)
Has anyone ever tried to transplant clover or a stoloniferous...
CPTK
High % OM & Compaction/Hydrotropic
My front & back lawn have been 100% organic for...
sc77
Using scotts weed and feed on organic lawn
Hi All, I have about 5000 sqft of lawn. Last 1.5 years...
gmanar
Weed identification
Hi All, Can some please help identify this weed ......
gmanar
Thatch Problem // Missing Opportunity to Aerate
I live in zone 5b and have approximately 1" of...
claga
Sponsored Products
Chocolate Brown Rectangular Cutout Modern Platform Bed
Overstock.com
Birds Flying Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$84.99 | zulily
Charlie Rug 10' x 14' - SILVER
$5,399.00 | Horchow
Magefesa Practika Plus Stainless Steel 8-quart Super Fast Pressure Cooker
Overstock.com
Cobra Modern Satin Black LED Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus