Regular ol' molasses? (for ACT)

cutlas72June 2, 2007

When making ACT I know you're suppose to add 1/2 ounce per gallon, but are we talking molasses you buy at the grocer? Or is there some different, more potent kind to be found? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bpgreen(5UT)

My understanding is that it's the stuff you buy at the store, but you need to make sure it's unsulfured.

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 3:30AM
cutlas72

Thanks for the fast response. Gonna head to the store later this morning and get some. I'll be brewing my first batch of tea just as soon as the worm castings I ordered arrive!

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 5:10AM
v1rt

cutlas72, can you please post the link to where you bought the worm castings?

Careful with molasses, I read somewhere that it can ruin your ACT especially during hot days.

Thanks,

Ron

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 4:56AM
cutlas72

No problem... it's Hall's Wormery in Blackwell, Tx. Their site has more info than you thought possible about worms. They'll ship you a 10lb bag for $14.95, which is about average for what I found. Because they ship via USPS don't expect any blazing speeds. I received my tracking # from the wormery on 05/30, and as of right now(0130 of 06/04) the USPS site tells me that my package was accepted on 05/30? :Since placing my order I became aware of this brand new phenomena called the "Yellow Pages". In it I found a few worm farms right here in my own area that sell their castings for the same or less than what I paid online. AND THERE'S NO SHIPPING!!! So you may want to check that out and save yourself if not some money, then at least a little wait time. I know I will on my next order.

Here is a link that might be useful: worm website

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 2:50AM
More Discussions
Kimmsr...
Kimmsr, I should mention that I have an acre of lawn...
Aggranduser
Thatch Problem?
I'll be having the lawn aerated next week and I was...
nickrosesn
Questions about overseeding
Hi all, soon I will be overseeding my Tall Fescue with...
oberci
Help, switching to organic lawn
So, I aerated and reseeded my bare(dead, dying, weed...
ballerj63
Thatch Problem // Missing Opportunity to Aerate
I live in zone 5b and have approximately 1" of...
claga
Sponsored Products
Lattice Bright Satin Aluminum 16-Light LED Square Pendant with White Etched Shad
Bellacor
Printed Bench Cover
Grandin Road
Petit Crystal Deluxe Gold Three-Light Clear Spectra Crystal Wall Sconce, 10W x 7
$526.00 | Bellacor
VWW 3528 Single Row LED Strip Light 240/m 10mm wide 5m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
60x34" Granite Shower Base Black Stone - QUASAR SHADOW
Living'ROC
Traditional Concealed 2 Outlet & Diverter Thermostatic Shower Valve
Hudson Reed
American Fluorescent | Decorative Cloud Ceiling Light
$477.40 | YLighting
Candelabra Island Pendant Light Fixture
| Dot & Bo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™