free soil test to many sw mo residents

Violet_Z6(6a)February 20, 2007

If you're a resident anywhere in the area shown on the map, then you're part of the James River Basin, basically South of I-44. This means you can take advantage of the many services the James River Basin Partnership offers, including Free Soil Testing!

Proper fertilization of lawns is critical to cleaner water in the Ozarks. Getting your soil tested can save you money on fertilizer by indicating your lawnÂs nutrient needs. The James River Basin Partnership is offering a FREE soil test and nutrient management plan for your yard to residents of the James River Basin. They will come out and take the samples and send you a four year plan for any amendments that would be best for your soil. This is the same test you would have to pay for thru the extension service only with much more information than the normal test.

Contat Melissa Bettes at 417-836-4847 to schedule an appointment for your soil test.

MU Guide for Soil Testing for Lawns

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aniseb

What a deal! I just called for an appointment and got voice mail. I've wanted a soil sample for a long time but wasn't sure how to do it. The soil in my flower and vegetable gardens must be way different than in my lawn which I don't fertilize or amend.

Violet, you are always so good to let us know of special things like this. Thanks for thinking of us. Anise

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
Swans
Saw these yesterday in the field behind ours and then...
christie_sw_mo
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™