Bumping Threads Up

oakleif(z6 AR)February 15, 2007

I guess i owe you a big apoligy. I just read on another forum that it is impolite to bump up an old message. I really did'nt know that. I frequently go back over old threads to see if i can learn something and if i find something that i think will interest others, i've been bumping it up. I really hope i did'nt upset anyone. I wont do it again.

I learn something everyday.

I wish it were SPRING!!!!! It's cold outside!!!!

vickie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

vickie, I didn't know it wasn't good etiquette. I sure don't mind and I don't believe you upset anyone here, don't worry.

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 6:34AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

When I saw the title of this post, I thought I might get a scolding for bumping up a thread myself. lol I do it sometimes too. I can see where it would be annoying if someone did it too much but I think it's ok in general. If I search for a topic in a forum that I don't visit very often, I might post a reply that would bring an old post back to the top. There's nothing wrong with that. I think what they try to discourage, is people just typing the word "bump" or something similar every so often to get their post to come back to the top without actually posting a message. I'm sure you haven't done anything wrong Vickie.

I need spring too. I'm tired of the cold and the snow flurries and really tired of having to thaw out my dogs' water. Maybe we should bump up a thread about the hot, dry July and August weather so I'll feel better about this cold. lol

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 10:03AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

Thanks for the reasurance. The post was'nt directed to me. Just a general comment.

Do'nt tempt me about bumping up a July thread Christie. LOL
vickie

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 12:30AM
amazon(6)

Bump away. it dosn't bother me either. I have three large dogs and those heated water bowels arn't big enough so I took a large styrafoam/plastic flower pot with no hole in the bottom and sat in inside the heated dish. I havn't had any ice. You do have to put some water in the heated dish for it to work though. Just an idea for you. It $10 or $15 for a heated dog water dish.

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 12:10PM
JamesY40(z7a)

Go for it. I have bumped up old threads on several occasions so I won't complain. James

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 8:05PM
kaye(7a AR)

I actually like the practice on this Forum since it's a little slow sometimes of the year and may be I've missed it before. Bump on..

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 3:57PM
More Discussions
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
Swans
Saw these yesterday in the field behind ours and then...
christie_sw_mo
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
Speaking of Gardens
Speaking of GardensToday's column in The Joplin Globe....
beadwitch
Sponsored Products
Casablanca Down Rods Hang-Tru Perma Lock 24 in. Bullion Black Extension Downrod
$25.00 | Home Depot
Remer by Nameeks 344US Shower Arm - REMER 344US
$36.94 | Hayneedle
Westinghouse Lighting Shades 6 in. White Polycarbonate Threaded Neck Globe with
$9.49 | Home Depot
Tay Tay Satin Nickel Three-Light Bath Fixture with Cocoon Glass
$378.00 | Bellacor
Twin Savannah Coverlet 39" x 75" with 30" drop - IVORY
$328.00 | Horchow